My new RR room is ready at long last.

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by interurban, May 3, 2005.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

But I am to pooped to do any more. But at least I can now think about Track Plans. :cool:

A few shots of the room

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

My son in Law and Grandson William are building an N SCALE RR in my old room.
    here is William the builder "can we fix it?? YES WE CAN!!!!"
    :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave:

Attached Files:

3. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That's great Chris!!! Now the real fun begins. :D :D

That little construction dude sure looks ready to go too!!!!

4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Wow, two layouts in one house. But then look at the great help you are getting Chris. William looks right at home.
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

I am off for two weeks .

So the track is going in for the 2/10/4 Steamer , the two loops are in and tested as this beast is needs 25" radius and she has IT!!
    Now I can work around her Special needs and plan the TRACTION .
    Pics to follow
  6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Let's see some pics of that steamer in action!

Looks great so far... :D

7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

What a terrific blank canvas!! I'd be itching to get going on track plans!
    Have fun!
  8. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hey Chris, there is a LOT of work waiting for you! But it's always great when you have a chance for a new start. I wish you also a LOT of fun...

And I like your construction assistant. He really looks professional! :thumb: And I think he has just the right size for doing the wiring job below the layout table. :D :D :D

9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Yep William is a big help. :D

Here a the first shots.

I have started the elevation and will post them pics tomorrow.

The first shot , I had to have access to the window, also me reaching days are over so all out of reach areas get covered :eek:
    I have a chair on wheels that I use to scoot under to reach ares that need track cleaning and such. :cool:

Attached Files:

10. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Yay! A steam engine!

Thanks Chris! ;) :D

11. interurban

interurban Active Member

Some progress and wire up in a small section where I am going to put under a tunnel.

I will have to senic the cover soon as it will be hard to get to once the town table top is in place.

Attached Files:

12. interurban

interurban Active Member

These pictures show how I start to raise my elevation.

Cheap and easy.

Attached Files:

13. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Looking good, Chris!
  14. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Steam on an interurban track???????????? Isn't that sacriliege Chris?
  15. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Robin, all he has to do is convert the tender to full water, add a pantograph over the cab, and use electric heating in the boiler.
  16. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

David - your proposal already has been put to practice! However, this one wasn't exactly a big mainline steamer! :D :D :D
    Hehe Chris, you surely remember this thread?

Your layout is coming along fine. A question: Will everything be under catenary? Or do you have a steam/diesel road beside an electrified line?

17. belg

belg Member

Chris it looks like great progress is starting to be made. I was wondering how did you cut the start of that incline after the plywood was already installed? Also in the second group of pictures you have a scenic divider installed will you access this area with some kind of cutout ? Thanks Pat
  18. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Ron I do remember that thread a fine elec/steam loco :thumb:
    There will be a steam/diesel line and a Traction line getting the two to "gel" is the trick with the space avalible :( Problems are there to be solved , I hope :D :D

Hi Pat Yes I have access behind that section as i was out of reach , also the window can be used now.
    I am about to go down to the railway 6am!! as I think I will do the same on the other side . Can not sleep till I go and look at it again. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    I will :sleeping: later.

The incline , after marking out the area , I used a 1/2 inch hole cutter then used my trusty scroll saw . one side I placed a 3mm piece of wood underneath the raised section .on the other I screwed a piece of ply across the underneath with bit of ply screwed on that , both ways do the trick and gives you a gentle start to the elevation.
  19. interurban

interurban Active Member

Today was a make your mind up day and get the saw out!! :rolleyes:
    Here is the progress so far.
    I am putting in two main lines one of course is traction.

I have it set in my thinking how it will pull together. the river is cut out and ready for cement, and the road bridge is in. :)

Here is the days work.

Attached Files:

20. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

This is looking good, Chris! :thumb:

I love those sweeping curves in the third shot. I think I would choose it as my favorite railfanning spot for watching the trains go by. :wave: