My new/old lay-out

New old layout

Hey Shane,

I know all about those back problems. You take the best of care and wishing you a very speedy recovery. Needless to say they can do wonders these days. Ron ;)

Sir_Prize

Shane my good fellow;
Best to you in your surgery ahead. Pay no mind to the visions you may have while there. All is well, and your receiving great care.
I know I've been there, done that, got the metal parts to prove it.;) :D
Like me I'm sure your recovery free time will pass faster than you think. Do get much rest and do what the Physical Therapy people say. It does end up working.:rolleyes: :D

RI541

Well I'm back for a minute or two.

Anyways I'm hoping to do some work on the lay-out within the next week or so, I'll try and get a track plan on soon. Well I'll scatch one out and post it here tonight.

I'll be back......:) :cool: :)

RI541

The back isn't going to good at all. I'm going to see another surgeon on the 30th.The last one I saw said my back was trash and refered me to another doctor that does this kind of surgery with a good sucess rate.

I'm not going to complain, The track crew has been sitting around drinking the profits so I've got to get a track plan together so they can get some thing done.;)

Sir_Prize

Bummer Dude!!
I'll keep ya' in my prayers.
Don't know if it'll help but I went to Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. To a Dr. Biscup; he has a list an arm length long of heading and learning from. The metal pieces they put in me are working great; and no pain.

Hope yer on the main track soon.:D

RI541

I just want to get it over with so I can get back to work.

On a better note I just drew up a real quick track plan. I mean quick too. Its not to scale,

I'm not sure what I'm going to do in the service yard yet. I had a plan awhile ago but I will have to sit down and look at it again.

It's a rough drawing:) :)

RI541

that is a bad picture but i told you that it would be rough.

on a better note I got approved from upper managment to lay new track on the freights main line. And if there is any funds left over and the rail road turns a profit I can begin relaying new track on the passenger line.

and I also got a Bachman 0-6-0 off E-bay a couple of months ago and never took it out of the box so I did that this morning and cleaned up the wheels and she runs fine. Then while I had the dremel out I cleaned up my Kato 2-6-2 that I bought a couple years ago and painted up but never lettered it. I cleaned up the painted wheels and she runs as well, a little quieter than the Bachman.

So I had to take the manager to the train store so she could keep an eye on the purchase but I got more than I needed and didn't spent what I thought I was going to (managment is very happy) So while my teenage daughter is haveing her birthday sleep over I will be in my own little world.

It sure feels good to be back here. I'm getting more motovated now than I have in months.

Tyson Rayles

Hey Shane, your track plan looks good, ought to have some nice wide curves. Wish I could have had that width instead of my narrower shelf style, but a small layout I figured was better than none! :D

RI541

Catt asked me a while ago what I was useing for track. I was using Atlas Flex when I first started then went to Peco code 55 flex trak.

Just got 7 more sticks of the Peco yesteraday I only wanted 6 but threw in the other for good measure. That should finish the frieghts main line. I've been waiting for someone to get the new Atlas code 55. My main track guy has it on order. He also has the new Atlas RI box cars on order but nothings come in yet. The store I do all my ordering from ordered the cars back in March and nothing yet.

I pay $4.80 a section for Peco and Atlas track has a MRSP of $2.69. I want to take a look at it. I need more track But at Pecos price It'll be a long time laying track.

Drew1125

Hi Shane!
Glad to see you back, & motivated!
The RR looks great!
On the issue of track price...I'm a die-hard Peco fan!
I've tried several others, & have come to realize that Peco does the best job in combining appearance, operation, & durability. For me, it was worth the extra funds.
If you want an example of how good it can look, check out some of Tyson,s photos on here...his Peco trackwork looks as good as any HO track I've seen!

RI541

I hope that my track work comes out as nice as Tysons, I'm another one that dislikes that aspect of the hobby. But it must be done.

I forgot to take the new track out of the truck the other day and was planning to start this morning with a quick coat of paint on the ties but the wife took the truck to work so I must wait.

The young ladies are filtering in for Cork's B-day party.... I need something to do..:eek: :eek: :eek: :)

Drew1125

You let your WIFE drive your TRUCK??!!:D :rolleyes: :D
I'm lucky, I guess...my wife wouldn't touch my raggedy ol' F150 with a ten foot pole! She's afraid something might rub off on her!:D :p :D

RI541

I was sleeping whan she took it, I don't know why she took it, she says its to big.

But after I got off the puter she came home, so I got the track and painted that and a bidge. So I actualy got something acomplished. I feel good. Hopefully I will have the frieght running by morning. Well I would like to get my Bachman 0-6-0 running around by morning. Then I'll be doing my favorite job of ballasting. I have to figure out what colors I want the ballast.

I'll try to post a picture when I can.

RI541

Well I didn't get the freight line completed as hoped. I ran out of brass wire to solder the tracks together.

I did get the bridge in place and track on it I still need to ballast that and shim the track down to the bridge.

I need to paint the 0-6-0 to proper color might do that tonight.

Heres a picture of the bridge with my 0-6-0 pulling a passenger train. I know its on the wrong main but I've been waiting to see the 0-6-0 pulling the passenger train.

The bridge is a little blurry, so you cant realy see the gaffiti that well

Attachments

• new bridge 003.jpg
    new bridge 003.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 252

RI541

Here's another picture that I'm hoping will come out better, I put it on my scanner.

Attachments

• new bridge side 2.jpg
    new bridge side 2.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 232