My new BLI UP AC6000CW

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
I just got my new BLI UP AC6000CW today and thought I'd post some pictures of it.:thumb:

tn_Chris001.jpg

tn_Chris003.jpg

tn_Chris004.jpg

Very nice engine and very heavy!The ditchlights are in the wrong place apparently,but I can live with that as I'm not a rivet counter.

Let me know what you think of it!

Chris

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse: ......:D Chris, you LUCKY DOG!!!!:thumb: i TOO have a UP AC6000 on pre-order:D , but i haven't got mine yet:cry:. GLAD to see you got yours!:thumb: , cant wait till mine comes in:D. THANKS FOR POSTING IT!:D -Deano

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
i just checked BLI's website, they say it was pushed back to April:cry: , how and where did you get yours from? :D -Deano

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
UP SD40-2 said:
AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:curse: ......:D Chris, you LUCKY DOG!!!!:thumb: i TOO have a UP AC6000 on pre-order:D , but i haven't got mine yet:cry:. GLAD to see you got yours!:thumb: , cant wait till mine comes in:D. THANKS FOR POSTING IT!:D -Deano

It sure is a beauty that's for sure,but this is from the first run,yours is probably from the second run and will have the ditchlights in the right place.Like I said no biggie for me,these are hard to come by and for $150 a bargain I think.:thumb:

I have a Atlas Master Gold Series 8-40C also,very nice,but I think it has to go!

Thanks Herc,for the compliment:thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
OH CRIPES, you went and got me all excited:eek:ops:. yea, i have one from the second run coming:thumb:. THANKS for posting yours Chris!:thumb: I'm going back to BLI's website to compare the two runs, though i am sure they will be about the same;). you got that engine for a steal!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Sorry Deano,didn't mean to get you so excited:wave:

Anyways,from what I gathered while doing the research for mine is that the only major change will be the placement of the ditchlights.UP has engines where they are on or below the deck,but the engines with the low numberboards had them below the deck and the ones with the high numberboards had them on the deck.BLI put them on the deck when they should be below the deck because the numberboards are the low ones.

Chris

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
green_elite_cab said:
wow, Look at that ass-kickery!

i need a CSX one to go with my NS SD80MAC, because they are polar opposites.

Thanks g_e_c!

You know there's a couple of them on E-Bay right now up for auction,don't know if you do E-Bay though.I have an Kato BN SD70Mac,very nice model.

Chris

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
g_e_c, it was my understanding that GE's AC6000 was there answer to EMD's SD90/43MAC;). :D -Deano

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
UP SD40-2 said:
g_e_c, it was my understanding that GE's AC6000 was there answer to EMD's SD90/43MAC;). :D -Deano

yes, thats true, but in the northeast, Conrail used to run SD80MACs from selkirk, and now CSX replaced them with the AC6000CWs for those trains. my current SD80MAC is an NS one, so it only makes sense to have the competition in a huge locomotive form!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
CRed said:
Thanks g_e_c!

You know there's a couple of them on E-Bay right now up for auction,don't know if you do E-Bay though.I have an Kato BN SD70Mac,very nice model.

Chris

I have a trainshow coming up, so i'll wait until then.

the one thing that annoys me most about kato is the hand rails, and the lights. they just are freaky to me. That, and my Conrail SD40 doesn't look like its in the right shade of blue unless its in my dark basement, lol.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
green_elite_cab said:
I have a trainshow coming up, so i'll wait until then.

the one thing that annoys me most about kato is the hand rails, and the lights. they just are freaky to me. That, and my Conrail SD40 doesn't look like its in the right shade of blue unless its in my dark basement, lol.

I feel the same way about their DM&IR SD38-2,the color seems a bit off to me,like there's too much contrast to it.

Chris

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
green_elite_cab said:
yes, thats true, but in the northeast, Conrail used to run SD80MACs from selkirk, and now CSX replaced them with the AC6000CWs for those trains. my current SD80MAC is an NS one, so it only makes sense to have the competition in a huge locomotive form!

I'm going to be running mine along side my T55 NP ES44DC,talk about an odd couple!:)

Chris

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Does this engine have sound?

I have two BLI engines and they are great. I found out that BLI uses the same lid boxes for all of their engines. Its the sticker that matters. Thats why I ask about the sound. :)

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Thanks guys!I'll have a layout soon hopefully and will let you know how it runs.What I do know is that it looks great and is very heavy,it should be a good puller.For $150 I'm not complaining too much.

I still prefer my Tower 55 Northern Pacific ES44DC over it,but not by much.

You know,I have never seen one in person yet,I've seen alot of SD45T-2's and SD38-2's because that's what the DM&IR use.I guess I'll have to go out of town for some train spotting one day and try to catch a glimpse of one.Cripes,they're impressive as models I can only imagine what one would look like in real life!

Chris