my N scale layout, gone!!!!! fire

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ozzy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Oh, what a loss! This is really a strike of bad luck - but still you were lucky to be at home at the right time...

I wish you luck that the insurance pays in full for the damage. Some companies are champions for finding lame excuses when it comes to paying a damage...
    BTW, I sort of keep an accountancy for everything I buy for my hobby - not only rolling stock, but also tools and other stuff - just for such a case. A friend of mine went all through that, too - and he was glad to have such a list for the insurance. That's when I started to copy his idea.

I'm glad for you that you still have the 'big stuff'! :thumb: Go on and happy railroading!

2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

the one thing i will miss about N scale is its easier to sneak an n scale car or engine in the house under the other 1/2's radar . much harder to do in o scale.....lmao
  3. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

With a decent sized knapsack you can sneak in HO stuff too! :mrgreen:

Good see you are keeping your sense of humour up. :p
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

A question...Was the G&D re-built after the fire..?? I remember reading somewhere that a couple of our current ol' timers were asked by his widow to disassemble the layout after he passed away..
  5. brakie

brakie Active Member

Ozzy,Sorry to hear that..:sad: Glad all wasn't lost and you and your family is safe.:thumb:
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Try that with G!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Oh, man, Ozzy. :(
    Sorry to hear about the fire.
    I'm glad you're OK and the damage wasn't more severe though.

Sounds like it's time to start planning another O gauge layout. :D
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The G&D fire occurred a couple of weeks after John's death. The group held an operating session and it's thought that, while John knew his furnace was dangerous, the operators didn't.
    Between the fire and the water, the layout was unsalvageable. A couple of modellers tried to recover one of the more famous sections and it just crumbled.