My mother died last night.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Russ Bellinis, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

She was 91, and she and my dad would have celebrated their 60th anniversary in Feb. In fact she died on the 60th anniversary of the day they met. She has been in the hospital since the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. For a while it looked like she might get home for Christmas, but she had a set back on the 23rd and went downhill from there. She had a nice long life, a very successful marriage, and a wonderful family, most of whom were able to spend some time to say goodby before she passed. Needless to say, my dad is devastated, but he is hanging in. We have persuaded him to sell his house and move into an independent/assisted living facility near us which my wife and I will be looking for next Monday and Tuesday. He doesn't need nursing home care, but he probably needs to quit driving, and he needs to have meals provided as well as someone to make sure he takes his heart meds every morning and evening.
  2. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Our condolences, Russ.
    My mother-in-law is in an assisted living place near us, has been for 5 years, and it has worked out very well for her.
    Bill S
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

condolences Russ my wifes dad has been living in a assisted living home for8 or 9 years he is 94 and content to be there.
  4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

My condolences to you and yours, Russ
  5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

You have my sympathies and condolences, Russ. We will keep your family in our prayers.
  6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

My condolences Russ. :(

My mum passed on at this time of year (6 years ago). Well, 10pm New Year's Eve, actually. She didn't quite get to see the New Year in. Not the best time of year for these things to happen, but, then again, no time of the year really is.
  7. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

So sorry to hear that Russ but it is good that you were with her. One thing is for sure you will miss your mom no matter how old they live to be. God be with you my friend, :cry: Jim
  8. rksstl

rksstl Member

Sorry to hear about you loss Russ, our prayers will be with you and your family.
  9. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Russ.... I am so sorry to learn of your Mother's passing. You and your family will be in my prayers.

10. Tad

Tad Member

My condolences on your loss, Russ.
  11. jetrock

jetrock Member

my condolences...
  12. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Sorry to hear of you loss Russ.
    Our prayers are with you and your family.
  13. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Let me add my condolences to you and your family Russ. It appears that your mother had a good life, so dwell on the good things. It sounds like your father is in good hands. The best to you all.
  14. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you and your family. You will be in my prayers for the strength to get through this.
  15. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

So sorry to hear that Russ, my best wishes for your Dad to get thru this.
  16. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

My most sncere sympathies to you and yours.

17. revandy

revandy Member

Your mom and family will be in our ministry prayers, so sorry for your loss Russ.
  18. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

My condolences, Russ, to you, your father and your whole familiy.

19. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Very sorry to hear of your loss Russ. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

20. seanm

seanm Member

Loosing a parent is always hard. My thoughts are with you and yours.