My Modeling Today 1 to 1

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by fifer, May 31, 2005.

1. fifer

fifer Active Member

This is what my modeling consisted of today.
    The 1:1 boulder in my front yard.
    Boy was that a biggggg rubber mold :thumb: .

Mike ;) :sleeping:
  2. ausien

ausien Active Member

where`s the 1:1train tracks, you going to modle that to??????:D :D :D
  3. fifer

fifer Active Member

Hi Steve , Boy I wish but I don't think so, but it sure will take alot of Elmers and ground foam to do that yard!!!

Thanks Steve , Mike
  4. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Hmmm... OK!
    Take and drill a hole down thru that depression at the top...
    Drill an intersecting hole to run water up to that depression...
    Drill a tunnel thru the rock that faces the street...
    Build a bridge from the tunnel to the edge of the pond that the "falls" will make from the
    water in the depression...
    The rest of the frontyard garden rail is up to you...
    just thinking out loud...
  5. fifer

fifer Active Member

STOP STOP , My Walet is On Fire!!!!!!

:p :eek: :cry:

6. ausien

ausien Active Member

a couple of tracks, and a switch, add some balast and hey presto you have a fun front yard layout...and the fire dept is on its way to put out that fire in you wallet.....have a good one..steve
  7. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Oops! That's right that whole money thing... :rolleyes:
    :D :D :D
  8. fifer

fifer Active Member

Not Being Independetly wealthy really sucks.

However having fun is good!!!!
  9. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Just out of curiosity, did it grow there or was it planted? :eek: If it was planted, where did you get the seed? :D :D
  10. fifer

fifer Active Member

I got the 8 80lb bags of seeds from Lowe's.

LOL Mike :wave:
  11. b28_82

b28_82 Member

i got a question?... why create a boulder. why not just find one or why have one to begin with?. I'm coinfused
  12. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

Fifer, you got the wrong kind of seed. You should have got the ground cover so it would grow out and cover the lawn; no mowing. It would only have cost a nickle more. Save that much in wower gas.

13. fifer

fifer Active Member

Lynn , as of yesterday we moved in 15 tons of gravel and it will save water and mower gas!! :thumb:

b28_82 , When was the last time you tried to lift , buy , or move a 5' X 3' X 3' boulder??
    I did that in Albuquerque and my father-in-laws Case 4X4 backhoe would not lift it so we had to flop it about 50 yards to its resting place and it is still there today. :eek:

14. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Yeah well, the last one I saw was the one that came out of digging the basement for the house when I was younger. They were going to take it away but my parents wanted to keep it in the front yard over by the driveway. I think it might still be there. I'm guessing they moved it with a nice size tracked excavator. So I suppose i see your point.