My model Potemkin by Maly Modelarz

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Dod, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Dod

Dod New Member

Hello dear friends!!!
    I've posted pics of my model - the battleship Potemkin by Maly Modelarz (1982) in my gallery.
    For making this model I needs five month.
  2. andrewthewise

andrewthewise Member

Hi Dod,

Welcome to the forum.
    I have a copy of this model too; you have done a nice job. Did you give her a slick of paint? Whatever you did it came up well.

I generally find that the length of time to build a ship is proportional to the depth of the instructions :)

3. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Very nice ship and photos, thanks! - Leif
  4. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Awesome job!
    I hope that one day I may be able to achieve results like that. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Keep up the good work!
  5. cygielski

cygielski Member

Looks awesome! How 'bout some detail shots? Very nice paint job, BTW. I've got this model and I know that the print quality leaves much to be desired, but everyone that has made it says it comes together beautifully. What was your experience with it?
  6. Dod

Dod New Member

I thanks all for good responses about my work.
    Really, body of model I varnished after painting, such covering has given a underwater part of the ship shine, outstanding on photos. For other parts I took matte paints, combining their semitone. In photo you can see results of such combined painting.
    Photo i made whith Minolta z1 camera, having collected all portable fixtures in my house :) , after that made some correct size in ImageReady
    As a rule, details of model converged well, and when I have finished my work, I have felt, that the battleship of that time were really very powerful and beautiful machines.
    I would like to make still any model of the ship of that period.

7. david n

david n New Member

Wonderful model

I have wondered if someone made a paper Potemkin. I had built the old Heller plastic kit ages ago. The Malay model looks like a paper copy of the plastic kit in that it is more of a generic Russian battleship of that time and not specifically the Potemkin.

Your model, workmanship, and photography are outstanding. If I build one of these I would be happy if it were only half as good!

Hobby Link Japan carries some Japanese paper models and I have seen some Japanese ships from the Russo Japanese War on their site from time to time.
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool model! Those big ole battleships are still neat looking. Nice job!

9. Renaud

Renaud Member

10. Dod

Dod New Member

Hi! Thank all for interesting links!
    Model Mikasa is looked very impressively. It would be good to try to make it from paper. Somebody made it?
  11. Dod

Dod New Member