My LPB's can flush at last!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
An' hey fellers, I kin brang 'long somma Ma's dumplins & sum fried apple pie fer deesurt!:D :D :D

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Collards.... ewwww :(

Now, I love a pot of 1/3 mustard greens, 1/3 turnip greens (with some turnips), and 1/3 spinich. Real good eats there.

Collards just smell like old gym socks and taste worse IMHO.

Michael
(100% Southern)

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Nice Job, Tyson!

That is some really nice modelling, Tyson. Everything just seems to fit perfectly to create a fully believable scene.

Hmmm. With that new water supply, I just might have to move there. The local railfanning looks GREAT!! :)

P.S. What the hey is a "collard"??

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Re: Nice Job, Tyson!

Originally posted by Lighthorseman

P.S. What the hey is a "collard"??

Collards are an edible plant (vegetable) that grows mainly in the South. They are some what akin to turnips but they don't have and underground tuber. They grow 2-3 ft tall and have wide broad leaves 8-12 inches. The leaves are the part that is edible. They taste like turnip greens only stronger. The leaves are very tough and they have to cook for several hours in boiling water to become tender. They are best seasoned with smoked ham hocks. Collards are at their best in the fall when frost has gotten on them...it makes them sweet tasting. Like someone said they smell like dirty socks when they are cooking....that is if you don't know the trick to eliminate that...add a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to the pot. Collards are best enjoyed with a big slab of cornbread...some fried Streak-O-Lean and a glass of cold buttermilk or sweet iced tea. You "Up North Folks" may can find them frozen or canned but nothing beats fresh ones!:) :D

TYSON.... One of these days we'll teach these folks how to eat well!!!:D :D Now what the heck did this have to do with trains?:D :D :D :p

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Ken it is actually a paler, puke green just like they paint the real ones here but comes out a deeper color in the photo. Vic, don't know what it has to do with trains but as long as we are having a good time does it matter? :)

P.S. Think we oughta tell em' bout hush puppies and ramps and fatback and .............................

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Originally posted by Tyson Rayles

P.S. Think we oughta tell em' bout hush puppies and ramps and fatback and .............................

I was thinking along the lines of hog jowls, purple hull peas and baked sweet taters!!:) ....for now we won't git into 'chitlins and souse meat:D :D :D :D ....ain't too fond of 'possum but some "cat's head" biscuits and white gravy 'sho would be good right now!!:D :D

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Found Vic's bottom desk drawer.

On the back it reads, "Where the collards green grow tall, as high as the outhouse wall".

Mark:D

Attachments

• vcollard.gif
    vcollard.gif
    89.3 KB · Views: 25

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
LOL Mark!!!:D :D .... You done found my secret stash of greens...the one's I laid by just in case of an emergency:D :D :D They are a lot better tasting than duct tape!!!

Tyson...I just got a contract with the UN.....There will be three cans in each food package that goes to Iraq!!:D :D :D :D :D

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Geee Tyson, when I first saw your post of the Water Tank on it's own, I thought it was HO!! I had forgotten (in one of my senior moments) that you're an N scaler. That tank looks sooooo danged authentic sitting there on your layout. You even complied with the Zoning Rules as to it's colour :) .
Your photography is up to the same high standard as your modelling and it's always a pleasure to see your posts.
Well done.

Errol