My loco Roster

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Coastie said:
Well At one time, I did have a small amount of HO Engines of 12 from Tyco, Athrean and Bachmann and 150 Cars. I'm down to just 16 cars now and a alot of track. I had to sell off to make child support one month in the mid 90's and never had a chance to rebuild. Now I live over seas and to expensive to have stuff shipped here. Darn living on disability is the pits.

But I will get back into it once I win my Battle with the VA.

As the cars I have a IHC set of Southern Passenger cars set of 6, and 2 cars each of custom box cars of the Armed forces. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and the Coast Guard.

That can be an up hill fight....a former county service rep told me that VA makes it hard so that people will just give up. Thats when I decided to fight the 3rd round.....worked too. Rating went to 70% cause VA screwed up and send me for testing at a civilian OT, they called me 3 days later and said "don't go to work, if you are unemployed don't look for work" we are putting you on unemployability.

Good luck with VA and keep fighting em.:thumb:

Rick

Thoroughbreed said:
Heres a short roster shot of display engines
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

And my lil ol workspace
Picture003_918657.jpg

It seems to catch everything daily:D

HMMMMM that C&NW GP38 #4623, C&NW O/L SD40-2 and Bachmann Consolidation look mighty familiar. O yeah, cos I got one of each of those! :)

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
65GASSER said:
Man I wouldn't mind owning that 2-10-2.

Yeah it sure is a beauty,I just have decided to go all diesel for now so I'm selling/trading it.

Plus need to get a DCC system so I can get off DC.

What I lack in quantity I make up for in quality:thumb:.

Chris

Coastie

Dec 2, 2006
oldtanker said:
That can be an up hill fight....a former county service rep told me that VA makes it hard so that people will just give up. Thats when I decided to fight the 3rd round.....worked too. Rating went to 70% cause VA screwed up and send me for testing at a civilian OT, they called me 3 days later and said "don't go to work, if you are unemployed don't look for work" we are putting you on unemployability.

Good luck with VA and keep fighting em.:thumb:

Rick

I am still fighting, and I will not give up. I need 10% more to get that unemployability. I'm now at 60% with multi Problems, with SSDI I am 100% just one, and it's a service connected disability also. I have Fluid on the Brain, a General anxiety, and arthritis from the neck down cause of the fluid .

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
nkp174 said:
CRed, are you sure you want to do that? ;-)
No I'm not,but if I want to collect steam DM&IR I'd have to collect brass and I can't afford that yet.

There's a brass DM&IR Yellowstone on E-Bay right now,it's at over $1100 with 6 days left!

I happen to have the DM&IR Spectrum 2-10-2 along with two hand painted passenger cars,it's very nice.

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
NKP, I got 1 you would like, its an 2-8-4 berkshire, Black with blue blue and yellow trim and on the sand dome its marked NYC&STL, on the tender its marked "American Railroads". Its the 1 on bottom \/
Picture022.jpg

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
2224.jpg

On a side note,all that track in the foreground is now Freeway,and that building on the right which I believe was the Soo station is gone now:cry:.

Progress stinks sometimes,eh?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Here's an update on my loco roster, just won a few of them on e-bay.

I now have:
  • 2 CNW C44-9W Powered Locos
  • 2 CNW C44-9W Dummy Locos
  • 1 SP AC4400 Dummy Loco
  • 1 UP AC4400 Dummy Loco
  • 1 BNSF Dash 8-40B Powered Loco
Hopeing to win a couple more to soon.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
tn_Picture535.jpg

tn_Picture537.jpg

Forgot about this one.The cars had to be hand painted and decaled because there are no factory painted DM&IR passenger cars of course.

David Rosser

Sep 15, 2003
Penna
Visit site
Roster Odd Items

I enjoyed looking over the great rosters, and it is true (studies show) that you can never have too many locomotives! I will not include the whole list, around 75, I think, but the odd ones may be of interest.
Oldest is an F-3 by Varney, built from the kit around 50 years ago, still in use.
Greatest challenge to build, a three truck Shay done exactly according to the MDC instructions, no gear, motor, or electrical modifications, (Yes, it does work).
Most unique, a PRR Lima Transfer, built with parts from three locos, and assorted odd bits. Looks very much like the original photo and looks good pulling a coal drag up a grade.
An SP 0-8-0 switcher built from an MDC 2-8-0 kit; the wheels seem oversize for a switcher, but SP did a lot of 2-8-0 to 0-8-0 conversions.
How about a Baldwin switcher paired with a matching yard slug built from a old chassis, scratch built shell, and bits and pieces? A few railroads did this and result looks more interesting than the usual cow-calf. Dave :D