My Local Hobby Shop is stocking ABS tires now!

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Beskone, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Beskone

Beskone Guest

crazyness, just stopped by and they had sets of 4 black ABS tires, bagged and on the shelves.

pretty cool if you don't have access to a cutter.

they were at The Hobby Place in West Los Angeles.

i think it's really cool to see a local shop supporting the drifters!

- Brian
  2. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

That is really cool.
    The ABS you guys get is it black or grey???
  3. Beskone

Beskone Guest

it's black

- Brian
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

how much were they charging
    and do you know if black abs is available at home depot, cause if it is i am sure that my home depot can get some even though they dont stock it
  5. Beskone

Beskone Guest

$10 for a set of 4 i think

- Brian
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

ouch... its like $1.25 if you were to just buy them in singles or $4 to get like a 5 foot pipe...
  7. Beskone

Beskone Guest

i think it's fair - especially if you don't want to plop down $25 - $30 for a pipe cutter, plus the abs and then need a nice workbench / vice to hold the thing while you're cutting it.

besides, the yoke tires cost like $20 for a set, don't last as long and don't work as well - $10 seems like a decent price for a retail shop to be charging...

- Brian
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

If it were me id just use a Jigsaw. Vices are like $5 and most people have some already... but thats just me. Id still rather buy the ones from Ebay for $5...
  9. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

hey man they might be charging a bit much, but the point of the story is to finally see someones local hobby shop even consider the rcdrifting scene much less supporting it by carrying ABS tires :!: