My little freelance at work

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'm working on developing a freelanced railroad (The Kings Port & Western) that connects with the Penn Central at the imaginary community of Kings Port along the Hudson River. My Penn Central line is based on the PC's New Jersey River Divsion that worked its way up the west side of the Hudson to Selkirk Yard near Albany.

The KP&W interchanges with the PC at Kings Port and serves industries to the West from there.

This has been a fun diversion that rejuvinated my interest a bit...something new and different...and not just basic black. :)

Here's the line's biggest power so far, a pair of F units still awaiting lettering (my decal sheets just came in the mail the other day) working their way upgrade.

Attachments

• KP&W F units 2.jpg
    KP&W F units 2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 153

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Working the small oil supply company while a Penn Central freight meets a pair of KP&W switchers in the background...

Attachments

• oil compnay.jpg
    oil compnay.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 133

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Yeah, two of the switchers are inexpensive flea market specials (that I felt comfortable trying to paint) that had no handrails...I think I can get some from one of my local hobby shops that has a cabinet marked "Athearn stantions and handrails".

Ralph

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Lookin' good, Ralph :thumb: , I especially like that underpass in the first shot. One of the nice things about free-lancing is that you can use locos or paint schemes, or just about anything else you admire that your favourite prototype never used.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
i too REALLY LIKE your freelanced engines Ralph!:thumb: the shot with them and your PC engines REALLY LOOKS GREAT!, nice contrast!:thumb: i cant wait to see the F units with decaling on them;). VERY NICE RALPH!:D -Deano