My layouts prgress

Buddog

Jan 14, 2006
St. George, Ontario, Canada
Well after months of planning I finallly have built and now have a fair portion of the benchwork done. Right at the moment I am tring to do both Benchwork and finish drywalling the room.

Here are a couple pics and the full plan which seems to change a bit every day as I build more and find areas that need to be inproved.:)

Will post more as I go

Tom

Attachments

• Layout 1.jpg
    Layout 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 220
  • Layout 2.jpg
    Layout 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 221
  • trainplan.jpg
    trainplan.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 226

Spartalee

Dec 8, 2006
Wow that is an awesome layout!
Good luck with the drywall, I did drywall a year ago and after the sanding phase I had white boogers for a week. And I used a mask! : )

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Looking great! I guess I'd finish the drywall first (no fun) so it doesn't become an issue of access or mess with the layout...unless you can build layout sections away from the wall and install them later! In any case I like your track plan! Keep us up to date!
Ralph

Buddog

Jan 14, 2006
Ralph said:
Looking great! I guess I'd finish the drywall first (no fun) so it doesn't become an issue of access or mess with the layout...unless you can build layout sections away from the wall and install them later! In any case I like your track plan! Keep us up to date!
Ralph

It's actually in sections there are four of them built so far and three more to build they all go together like a jig saw . Each section is completely seperate, wiring and track also scenery will be that way to, sort of Modular. :thumb:
Also I am tring to keep the weight down as much as possible, so I can move them all around. No section is bigger the 5'1/2" x 2' x 2' , so if I move agian it will all fit out the doorways and up the stairs. The last layout I had was one big section and was made of 2 x 4's and plywood, had to destory it when I moved.:curse: :cry:

Tom

Amrap1

Nov 11, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I can't wait to see how the layout comes out and the room too! Looks like you have alot of work ahead. From the holes in the outside braces, looks like your going with DC?

Ed

Buddog

Jan 14, 2006
Amrap1 said:
From the holes in the outside braces, looks like your going with DC?

Ed

I am running DCC , I found out the last time I built a layout that it's a pain drilling holes in the braces after they are in:curse: , so I drill the same pattern in every brace and every joining peice before hand so I will never have to worry when running wires in the future..:thumb:

Tom

Buddog

Jan 14, 2006
Been doing some work, even took a couple buildings out of storage. I have had a couple locomotives running up and down can't wait till I at least have a continious loop to run.(be a while though). Anyway here are a couple pics.

Tom

Attachments

• Layout Dec 31.jpg
    Layout Dec 31.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Layout Dec 31 2006 2.jpg
    Layout Dec 31 2006 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 74