My layout progress

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Denyons, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Denyons

Denyons Member

Layout Dimentions

Hi, Mrplow, Hope this helps.
    These are my layout dimentions. I hope you can read them OK.
    The 16' walk area at the bottom left is all could manage in the space I have but it is enough to get down to rerail any possible derailments (Not had any yet!!!!!!).

Attached Files:

2. Nick8564

Nick8564 Member

How did you build the container ship? I want to build one, in HO scale. Did you buy it or scratch build it from some plans? Thanks
  3. Meiriongwril

Meiriongwril Member

Hiya Denyons -

any chance you could post a basic sketch of the layout - I too have 3 sides of a room to deal with and having difficulty finalizing a track plan!!!
    Woops - just noticed it, I didn't realize this thread went over some many pages!!!!
  4. Denyons

Denyons Member

Hi Nick,
    The container Ship was custom made for me by a friend who loves building ships.
  5. Denyons

Denyons Member

Walthers Cornerstone Kit.

Searched the local Hobby shops and came up with a Walthers Cornerstone kit building that will fit into the end of my docks as a Shipping/ Receiving warehouse.
    For the bricked in area, I made a very thin mix of some Orange with a little Brown. The area will be known as Pamona Docks so I will try to cut up some letters from a decal sheet to put the name accross the top front of the warehouse.

Attached Files:

6. Boilerman

Boilerman Member

Those ships look good!
  7. Denyons

Denyons Member

I have been doing some detailing and adding lights on the layout but my next project is making several hundres of trees for the mountain areas.
    Re. the photo, I took 3 shots and stiched them together.

Attached Files:

8. Denyons

Denyons Member

Another photo of the canyon pass and one of the town.

Attached Files:

9. jesso

jesso Member

Looks really good! Good luck on the trees. Don't burn yourself out on them.
  10. Packers#1

Packers#1 Ultimate Packers Fan

Great work
  11. Denyons

Denyons Member

Maybe it's time for an update on my layout.
    I have been adding details such as vehicles and people etc. to try and bring the layout to life. I also added 3 more tracks in the yard as I was running out of space for my collection of cars. Also added a couple of small sidings for maintainance trains and a few other items as they became available.

Attached Files:

12. jesso

jesso Member

Looks great! That's a very nice collection of train equipment!
  13. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

That is a nice project, thanks for sharing.
  14. roger439

roger439 Member

very impressive work.i am currently getting stuff together to start a n scale layout.Any suggestions for the best layout for a 3 train setup?
  15. Denyons

Denyons Member

Do you mean 3 main lines or 3 trains total?
    There are many layouts to be found in magazines or the Atlas Layout book.
    It all depends on what you are looking for, such as switching stub sidings or passenger through sidings. There are many many options.
  16. Denyons

Denyons Member

17. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

Nice looking layout.