My layout plan.

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Ernest Lafleur, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Hi rail fans,
    This my layout plan at the moment, it's the fifth layout that I have built sins I live here
    in this house, and that 27 years already.
    I can run in DC and in DCC, this is because only 7 of my +/_ 35 loco's have a decoder as of yet.
    It is a freelance BNSF/SF/UP/SP and some CSX and Reo Grand.
    I have a video of the mohavi sub, Witch is filmed in the Tehachapi mountains and runs from Bakersfeild to barstow, and if you look good and with a lot of imagination, whitch I have,:D :D :D you can see this in my layout, at least I see it that way and that's wat counts, right guys.:thumb:
    The white lines is the upper section and the blue is the lower section.
    More photo's will come as I progress.

Attached Files:

2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

looks good Ernest not cluttered up i assume the lower section in a staging yard what size is it can't read it page.
  3. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

You do mean Rio Grande, and Mojave Sub, correct? Cool track plan! I wish I had that much room for such a layout, good work! :thumb:
  4. Hi Jim,

That's right, the lower section is a staging yard with room for 10 to 15 wagonsand one loco. the drawing is not kompleetly to scale. I have a small camera to view that yard.

The overall size is 6meters x 5 meters (19ft x 16ft)
    The tabeltop is 3ft from the floor
    Min radius 26 inches
    Wissels are Nr 5, 6 and some Nr 8
    Gradents 2.5% and one is 3%
    Track is code 100 from peco

I still have a lot of work to do, but I'll get there.
  5. Yes Miles,
    Sorry for my spelling, some times I write in english and think in dutch, thats calld dubbel dutch, I'm sure you have heard of it:D :D :D