My layout(4X8)

GMRCNut868

Mar 2, 2004
Massachusetts
Visit site
This is my fairly basic 4X8 layout. I kept the trackwork very simple so that i could concentrate on the scenery aspects of the layout. I have the track down and ballasted, and some of my scenery done. Because the layout is in a vacation house, i only get to work on it a few weekends a month:cry: . As a result, progress is very slow. I also just got a brand new Atlas Green Mountain Railroad GP-40 low nose for christmas:D :D and love to show it off!
Sorry about the messyness of the layout, but i have so much stuff and no where to put it!
1.jpg

One shot of my GP-40
0.jpg

Another shot of the Geep
3.jpg

GMRCNut868

Mar 2, 2004
Massachusetts
Visit site
Thanks jkristia, the first step in making that dirt road(which i am very proud of by the way:D )is to collect some dirt. I got mine from an actual dirt road, then sifted it with a very fine tea strainer. Once i had a good amount of the fine dirt, i arranged it around the tracks until i was happy with it. Then i wet it with plain water until it was wet through. Next i took a dilute mix of white glue and water, I dont know the exact ration of water to glue however, and soaked the dirt until the glue had penetrated the dirt. After it had sat and dried for a while, i took some more dirt and put on a lose top coat. It does take a while to dry comepletely, but as you can see the results are well worth the wait! I hope someone can use this how-to.