My latest creation (sw1200rs)

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Glen Haasdyk, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I finally sat down and finished assembling my Proto 2000 Sw1200 switcher this morning.

I got it as a basket case at a swap meet 2 years ago for 7.00 and made a few mods to it including the CNR number board/lights and the spark arrestors. I drilled the headlights out in the number boards so that the stock switcher lights will shine through. I also painted and decalled it.

I'm trying to figure out lights for pictures so forgive me if the pictures seem a little 'off'
  2. Relic

Relic Member

nice work! I really like the "cycle shop".
  3. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

looks great glen,and for 7.00 bucks! you cant beat that :mrgreen:.--josh
  4. jesso

jesso Member

You did a great job! Also good to have it at such a nice price!:thumb:
  5. Glen Haasdyk

Thank you all.
    Relic, I should have known you would notice the cycle shop. It's the DPM gold kit all the little details that you see with it come in the kit .
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wow! Nice work!!! :thumb:

7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nice rescue Glen! Looks great!
  8. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hey Glen...Very nice work..!! I like those diesel 'ol timers...(Maybe because they shared the rails with steamers..??)
  9. Glen Haasdyk

Thanks again, I love 1st gen diesels too. My layout is populated with Alcos, Fairbanks-morse and the EMDs that you saw. My next project is another P2K basket case, a SD-9 or 7 that survived a fall but it in need of repairs and parts.
    Hopefully one day I'll get a digital camera so I can post pics as I take them.
  10. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice work, Glen, and one of my favourite prototypes, as they were used a lot around this area. I think that there may be a couple still in service in Hamilton, although no longer in CNR paint.