My latest bash (4 pics)

Just sharing...

It's a Tyco kit I picked up at a trade show for 5 bucks. Very fun to build, because the instructions were missing!

I felt it needed to be higher so I added a foundation.

auo.sized.jpg

aut.sized.jpg

aup.sized.jpg

aul.sized.jpg

CHEERS!

Herc Driver

(Sound of hand slapping head) Why can't I find deals like that!!! That kit looks great!!! $5 - $5 - $5 arrgghhhh...that's just too good of a deal and you made it look great. (Oh, I sorta wrote that already...sorry...my head still reeling from that hand slap). Really nice looking building and all the detailing looks terrific!

Biased turkey

Very impressive, congratulations EngineerKyle.
I like the weathering and ... the missing tiles.
Is it a diorama, or will you add that section to your layout ?

Biased turkey said:
Very impressive, congratulations EngineerKyle.
I like the weathering and ... the missing tiles.
Is it a diorama, or will you add that section to your layout ?

No, it sits on the layout... in fact, the picture with the lights on are as it sits by the tracks.

Truck,

I think those lumber stacks are from Atlas. Somebody was selling them at the GV train Show in little zip lock bags for .50 a set. I cleaner her out of them.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
EngineerKyle said:
Truck,

I think those lumber stacks are from Atlas. Somebody was selling them at the GV train Show in little zip lock bags for .50 a set. I cleaner her out of them.

:eek: $.50 a set, looks like you scored :thumb: :D

Thanks for the reply, need to get me some of those

Gil Finn

announce1 Great work as well as photography.

That one pic with your yard in the back ground looks 100% real.:thumb:

doctorwayne

Great looking scene,Kyle. :thumb: :thumb: How did you manage to make the multiple exposures in your second shot? That's a technique that I sometimes used with a film camera, but I don't think that my digital camera has that capability.

Wayne

doctorwayne said:
Great looking scene,Kyle. :thumb: :thumb: How did you manage to make the multiple exposures in your second shot? That's a technique that I sometimes used with a film camera, but I don't think that my digital camera has that capability.

Wayne

Wayne,

Maybe your camera DOES have the capability. Mine's a Canon A540 and has a manual mode. I use the manual mode often for low light scenes. This means I can still approach the depth of field needed and get some rich colors and glowing interior lights.

The shudder is typically open for 5 seconds or more, and I put the camera on a tripod.

For the shot you speak of, I tripped the shutter, (the camera has a delay so you won't get a shake when snapping it ) as the train was idle. After a second or two, I ran the train about six inches, and stopped it. Then the shutter closed.

I like the results too, but it is so much trial and error! Here is another shot with similar results;

ara.sized.jpg

CHEERS!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Wayne,

It's a timed exposure, not a double exposure. And I have the same conundrum. Double exposure was easy with the film camera (Konica) but not with digital (Canon). I think the only way to do it with digital is to Photoshop the two images together after the fact. Not quite as "magical" :( ;)

The timed (long) exposure is doable with most digitals that have more than just a point and shoot capability as Kyle described above.

Andrew

doctorwayne

You're probably right that my camera can duplicate that. I thought that it was a true multiple exposure, where you photograph sometimes unrelated scenes on the same frame. :) Nice effect, nevertheless.:thumb:

Wayne