My Last Post

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
This is my last post as moderator here at the gauge. Sadly I shall have to give the moderators jobs to someone else. I have had a great time and will pop in from time to time to say hello. Health problems are causing most of my problems.

Paul (Shamus)
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Shamus, Sorry to hear of your health problems. While we will all miss you here, we will all look forward to hearing from you when you are up to it. Take care of yourself, you are in our thoughts.

Gary

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Paul, please know that all the Gauge folks are pulling for you. You have been the best "teacher" in the hobby and we will miss your new creations.

Take care. We will keep you in our prayers and we look forward to seeing you when you drop in.
:)

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Thanks Paul, and good luck!

I haven't had a lot of opportunity to interact, but I appreciate the encouragement and the advice you have given to me and to everyone here...

Andrew

RaiderCTE

Jan 11, 2001
charlotte,NC
www.raidercte.netfirms.com
Like everyone here I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems so be sure to take good care of yourself. I did want to say THANK YOU very much because you had a very big hand in me being able to get my model railroad started. If it wasn't for your outstanding and unselfishness in helping I would probably would be still looking at track plans and wiring diagrams. And also a thanks for all the other help throughout your posts since I have been here over 2.5 years ago.

RaiderCTE

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Paul,

Let me add my heartfelt appreciation for what you have done here, and to say that I sincerely wish you the best and for a quick recovery from your problem.

Please stop by and let us know how you're doing, and don't hesitate to ask if anyone here can help.

Don

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
Oh NO!

It was you who made me want to be a logging modeler. I shall never forget you for that.

My heart is sad. :(

I'll look for you on the fringes of cyber space.
I shall never give up hope.
That you shall return with a smiling face,
and a feeling that you can cope.

Take care of yourself and get some rest,
and don't let your faith go astray.
With care and time you'll be back as "The Best!"
And happilly modeling away.

Get well soon.

TrainClown

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
That is sad news Paul, and it must have been a heavy decision for you to make.
Know this ...... you have helped a tremendous amount of people, more than you can imagine..
So a GREAT BIG THANKYOU FROM US ALL.
I do hope your health improves, .
We will always be thinking of you and your family, especialy your younger daughter.

We will be looking keenly for "Shamus" to appear on a thread or post.
Cheers.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Might not see you around here as much, but be assured you remain in my thoughts & prayers, my friend!
Follow your doctor's orders, & do what you need to dio to take care of yourself.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Paul, you were such an inspiration to me and to so many. Your modelling set the standards that I hoped someday to reach. Just by doing what you loved to do, and doing it so well, you taught us all something. You have been so generous with your time and your expertise and I thank you for all you have done. Now it's time to take a break and focus on getting well with the best wishes from all of us, who owe you so much! Take care my friend, and we hope to see you pop by now and then.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Val

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
In the very briefest chance...

...of meeting you here on The Gauge...

...I just want to thank you for your stalwart service as both moderator and friend of the average model railroader Shamus.

I only came on board a few months ago and can see just from that little interaction what your impact has made amongst us all and to those to come.

I'll look forward to your future posts.

I wish you the best of health, wealth and happiness to you and yours.

Regards,

Mark

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
:( Paul, Thank you so much for your help in so many ways during the time I've been here. You have been an outstanding mentor and a great inspiration! :) Rest assured you will be in my thoughts and prayers, best wishes for a speedy recovery. In the meantime I will keep an eye out for any new posts from you my friend! Take care! ;)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This is a sad day.

Paul I wish the best and hope you overcome your health problems. I will keep in our prayers.

Thank you for all the inspiration you have given in the short time that I have known you. Will look forward to your visits.