My Introduction.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by leehound, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehound

leehound New Member

To start with, I am from Tennessee, USA. I have been really enjoying reading this newly discovered forum.

About 20 years ago I got my hands on a Castle Card Model from a mail order catalog. I really enjoyed putting that castle together and took great pride when it was done. At the time I had no idea that what I was doing was an actual hobbie. Years go by and I long for that model building experiance that I had with that Castle. So I start searching the Internet and I keep coming up with blanks. It seems that my search terms were not right and I kept coming to sites that sell those 3D Puzzels. Not what I wanted. Finally persistance pays off I run accross this site, which has a wealth of information. I had no idea that building models with paper was a bonified hobbie.

Of course I have bought most of the tools and glue reccommended here. Currently I am building the HAUNTED MANSION from the Disney Experience website. So many future models to build. When will I find the time? I forsee a future conversation with my wife: "Honey, the bathroom really dosnt need new wallpaper, does it? Besides I really don't have the time." A conflict of interests is a comin.

Great site!
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Welcome to the group and have fun. You will find lots of models and tips on building here. :)
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome leehound!

If you are looking for the same castle you built 20 years ago, try

Otherwise, try this site has links to thousands of free downloads.

Also, if you have an affinity to castles, try my tiny castle or my Wood Engravers Castle at;

I am a beginner at cardmodel design but I think they are worthy.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! You have found a great place for all things card model :)
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

6. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Welcome aboard! All the comments are right on target. This is a great site with a very interesting collections of individuals. But, if you have a conversation like the quote below - I fear your paper modeling career may be short lived, not to mention your own life span! :)

Have fun with the mansion and when you are don, post pics so we all can see.
    Fred Z
  7. josve

josve Active Member

Welcome to papermania......this is a place filled with helpful, adult,paperbuilding people.I'm sure you will have a pleasant stay!
  8. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Welcome to our group of cutups….(groans are allowed). Architecture models are well represented in paper and look stunning when finished. PMI has quite an extensive selection available.

Jim Nunn
  9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

Ugh. I thought "I" was a punny guy.....
    Thank You! Thank You!
    I'll be here all week!
    (My jokes will be here all weak too!)

Welcome Leehound!
  10. leehound

leehound New Member

Thanks all for the warm welcome. So many models to build!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.