My Internettrain nightmare

B.K.

Read some other comments by disgruntled customers so thought I'd send in my two cents worth. Maybe there should be an "Oscar" for the most amazing "dis-service" received by Internet trains. Here goes:

April 28, 2007: Placed order for locomotive.
August 7, 2007: Phoned, was told it should be shipped soon.
August 27, 2007: Visa card charged
October 6, 2007: Still on back order
November 28, 2007: On back order
February 15, 2008: On back order. called and was told they get this product thr Walthers. Called Walthers and they said they have no back order for this item from internet train, and there was no scheduled run of this item in the future. Called Internet and told them this info, requested a credit on my card. Can't do that they say, because its "over six months old", so they'll send a refund check, BUT Finance is only in on Fridays, so she (the phone answerer) said she'd leave Finance a note.
March 10, 2008: Called and cancelled the order. Got an e-mail confirmation WOW first time they ever replied to anything.
March 21,2008: No refund check. Called, was told she (operator) would talk to Finance and notify me by E-mail when the check would be sent. Almost closing time, no E-mail so I called back and was told "I can't do E-mails while I'm answering the phone so I'll do it when I get off the phone, read "after work" (yea, sure you betcha),said she would contact Finance over the week end....
March 23,2008: No refund check and no E-mail
March 26, 2008: Called and was told my "case" went to processing on Monday the 24th. Refund should come soon.
March 28, 2008: No refund check, no E-mail, NO HOPE! Sure glad it's Friday, Happy Hour anyone??? I'll keep you posted....b.K.sign1

CNWman

CNW Fan
11 months and for an item that has been out of production long ago? I knew internettrains is never up to date, but that is rediculous! :eek:

CRed

You need to call the issuer of the card you used ASAP,if they're worth a darn they'll get your money back.I would not trust these guys and I don't understand why they're still in business.

Hope it works out well for you.

Chris

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Is there a better business bureau in the USA ? I believe there should be a complaint made. Also where are they located maybe you could contact the police with your proof as obviously this is theft in my eyes.

jesso

B.K.,

Sorry that you are having a terrible time with them, I hope it gets resolved soon for you. Welcome, btw.

nachoman: jeez. Who HAS gotten anything from them?

Kevin

Before I knew about The Gauge, I ordered a HO flat car with a boat and a couple of sets of street lights. It took two months, but I actually did receive the items I ordered. However, as I had ordered from other sites and received my items within a week, I had vowed to never shop there again.

loadmat

B.K.
Sorry to read your woes with this outfit. I thought I had problems going two and a half months before the guy at cardmodelsnmore blew me off and didnt keep his word (he wouldn't respond to my emails) about a refund for an order that I never received. I just chalked the 60 bucks off to doing more research on who I buy from on the net.
Best Regards
Loadmat

NIevo

Well I for one have ordered 3 or 4 times from them, and always received the item within a week:confused: I have gotten some great deals too. Maybe I'll reconsider future orders as my time may be coming.

NIevo

Yeah, if its the Internet Trains in Brea, CA. I usually get the e-mail with invoice and tracking number within 1-2 days. Like I said, maybe my luck is about to run out though.

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Yeah, if its the Internet Trains in Brea, CA. I usually get the e-mail with invoice and tracking number within 1-2 days. Like I said, maybe my luck is about to run out though.

Chances are you found the one item in stock.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Well I for one have ordered 3 or 4 times from them, and always received the item within a week:confused: I have gotten some great deals too. Maybe I'll reconsider future orders as my time may be coming.

I'm just curious as to how long your most recent order from them was, considering there are complaints about these guys that are at least over a year old:confused:

NIevo

I actually just received a Walthers Sawmill Outbuilding set from them 2 weeks ago, got it for $27!!! Took about 6 business days to receive.

One thing that night make a difference is I only order stuff that is in stock, that goes for any company though.