My Health

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Please excuse the mass mailing; but this is the best way for me to get the news out. I also apologize to those of you who may receive more than one copy, as I have posted it to some lists.

First, a bit of background, as some of you may not know. Last Thursday, December 12, I entered Cayuga Medical Center at Ithaca to have a mass removed from my colon, which had been discoverd in a routine colonoscopy a week earlier. The operation was successful, but I needed a stay in the hospital to recover.

Yesterday, Tuesday December 17, I received the pathologists report which said that no evidence of cancer was found in the lymph nodes, and the mass had not penetrated the colon wall. All good news, and perhaps the best word we could have received for Christmas. Today, I came home and am now back on line. I am still recovering, of course, and will be taking things easy for a while; but it surely will be a good Christmas in the Flinn household.

My thanks to all who sent email and cards,before, during and after my surgery. Someday, I may get the chance to thank you individually; but rest assured that all your contributions were greatly appreciated; and, I am sure, contributed to the success of the whole project. For now, thank you, thank you, thank you; and a Merry Christmas to all.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Originally posted by Dave Flinn

Yesterday, Tuesday December 17, I received the pathologists report which said that no evidence of cancer was found in the lymph nodes, and the mass had not penetrated the colon wall. All good news, and perhaps the best word we could have received for Christmas. Today, I came home and am now back on line. I am still recovering, of course, and will be taking things easy for a while; but it surely will be a good Christmas in the Flinn household.

hip hip HOORAY! hip hip HOORAY hip hip HOOOOORAAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!!!

Welcome back and best wihes for Christmas to you and family!

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Dave, I can't think of a better Christmas present for you than you being told of your surgery success and that there is nothing untoward wrong!

I wish you and your's a very happy and memorable Christmas.

I guess you won't be able to partake of a wee drop o' the good stuff for a while, so I'll drink it for you ... Cheers :) :D :D :D

Errol

Chessie

HI Dave it is good news to here that it all worked out for you.
Cancer has visited my family 3 times in the past 4 years, some turned out good others did not buit one thing I lerned through it all is you are not alone.

Best wishes for the holidays;) ;) ;)
Mike.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
It's so good to hear from you Dave! :cool:
And it's so good to hear that the news is good!
Not only great Holiday news for you & your family, but also for all of us here at The Gauge!
Merry Chrismas Dave, & the very best of New Years to you & yours!
God Bless!

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
That's great news, Dave ! Congratulations !

That's the kind of Christmas present that makes all the other gifts look a little puny.

Have the best Christmas ever !

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Great news Dave. An who said the best presents have to be in the biggest box with the best wraping:) What a wonderful Christmas present. Good Luck and best wishes for the next year.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Hi Dave and All;

I have been out of pocket for several days so Dave beat me to bringing everyone up to date on his situation. Had them up to speed Dave up through your surgery, but not the good news on your pathology reports.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Bob

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Dave, thats real good news I am pleased for you, get well soon.
Shamus
wink.gif

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Excellent news, what a relief for you and your family,
Our family here would like to wish you a speedy recovery, and a joyous and safe Christmas and all the very best for not only this New Year but many in the future. Ron & family

Ben H

Nov 22, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Your good news is the kind we all hope will come on the eve of special holidays.

Good luck to you on your recover, but it seems that in the luck department you are doing alright -

Always pleased to learn about the wins in circumstances like this.

Best of the holidays to you and yours.