My Freight Train Pics

CRed

O.K. here's a couple more photos of the Tower55 unit Combat...

tn_Picture104.jpg

tn_Picture105.jpg

I'll post a couple more of the F3's ASAP.

Chris

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
I keep failing to grab them. I could probably afofrd to buy 1 a month if i spent most of my money, but i ususually end up saving it up.

i was initially going to get one of the SD70ACes because the came to Pavonia yard near my house, but i think thats the only time they were here demonstrating.

the GEVOs are much more prevalent in NJ

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
green_elite_cab said:
I keep failing to grab them. I could probably afofrd to buy 1 a month if i spent most of my money, but i ususually end up saving it up.

I wish I could train my self to do that LOL

CRed

TruckLover said:
That just looks so good!! I never get tired of seeing T55 locos. Post all you like, I love em:thumb: :thumb:

They sure are beautys,eh?

Everytime I see your avatar I get excited,I'm going to have to sell my PCM F3's so I can get the C&NW SD70ACe engine!Maybe..not sure because I REALLY like the F3's!

Chris

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
TruckLover said:
I wish I could train my self to do that LOL

yeah i feel you, its an expensive hobby, and i'm seriously trying to maintain some sort of savings now. the way i see it, i'm starting from scratch, even though i have roughly $380. some of i need to spend because they are those crazy anywhere gift cards, and they begina pulling money out at some point.

i've resisted the urge to buy some K-line O-27 Reading Company commuter cars. I also want to buy a GP40FH-2. to much stuff out there!

COMBAT

CRed said:
O.K. here's a couple more photos of the Tower55 unit Combat...

tn_Picture104.jpg

tn_Picture105.jpg

I'll post a couple more of the F3's ASAP.

Chris

First of all thanks for the pictures. I have to ask this, how is it different from say this?

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATHG6456

ATHG6455-450.jpg

ATHG6456-450.jpg

It is a lot cheaper then the tower engines and my genesis runs great. I mean why the extra cost? I hope you can explain to me why its so much more. THANKS! :D

By the way with DCC and sound its like 200.00

CRed

Hmm,only $25 less then what I paid for my Tower55.Whether you can tell the difference or not,the sound in the Tower55 units is more expensive and supposedly better then the QSI so that raises the price and also the brass details are really nice and raise the price.You may not be able to tell the difference just looking at it,but it's not nearly as delicate as the plastic railings on my BLI DM&IR which are falling apart already with hardly any handling.

Just wondering,but are all the details already on that engine?

Oh,and no problem with the pictures

Chris

COMBAT

The only thing I had to do with ,y engine is put the wipers on it. The railings are celcon, I can actually push on them and they spring back. They dont look like plastic either so that was a plus. I am by no means knocking your unit. Its GREAT! I am just trying to justify the extra cost. I hope you understand. By the way, they paint is excellent!!!! :)

CRed

COMBAT said:
The only thing I had to do with ,y engine is put the wipers on it. The railings are celcon, I can actually push on them and they spring back. They dont look like plastic either so that was a plus. I am by no means knocking your unit. Its GREAT! I am just trying to justify the extra cost. I hope you understand. By the way, they paint is excellent!!!! :)

Oh don't worry,I'm not offended at all.In fact I'm very happy with my choice:thumb:.

I'd definantly buy a Genisis though,I wanted the NP scheme though so I paid extra for it.

CRed

COMBAT said:
Pretty. No sound or DCC but you can pick what ever you want to go in it too. :)

Yep,and while I'm sure it's not quite as detailed as the Genisis engines I can always add them on later if I want.It's DM&IR so I'd be willing to make some sacrifices to get it.

I was thinking of maybe getting two for doulble heading and putting a bunch of ore cars behind them,that would be so cool since I've been looking up at the ore docks here my whole life hoping to see them in action.Maybe I should get up to Proctor to their yard and get some pictures.

Chris

COMBAT

Yes, its not as detailed. I have two genesis engines and my modeling partner, "dad" bought a "regular" engine. It looks good but not as detailed. He is very happy with it so oh well. LOL

CRed

Well as long as he's happy who cares,eh?I had read somewhere that there may be a Genisis version in the future.If so I'm buying it!

I was thinking of getting an undecorated modern engine like that SD70MAC from Athearn and doing what Tower55 is doing with defunct railroads and making my own "Concept" engine and paint it DM&IR.

Chris

CRed

COMBAT said:
I am way to scared for anthing like that. I WOULD BE AFFRAID IT WOULD TURN OUT LIKE CRAP LOL

LOL.Normally I would also,but the DM&IR is pretty easy to do compared to others.Just have to paint it Maroon and the rest is decals.It's beautiful in it's simplicity,not to garish or busy like others.

I still may have it done though,my modeling skills have diminished since the last time I modeled anything about 13 years ago.:rolleyes:

Chris

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Here is my Genisis SD75M. I didn't add the windsheild wipers when i got it because it was inexpirienced at the time. I might get to it someday.

img0764ww8.jpg

img0767br7.jpg

CRed

Very nice!I'd get one of those,if I didn't want the Tower55 C&NW SD70ACe so bad.

We'll see,if I see a real good deal on one I may buy one anyways since I really like that scheme also.

CRed

Here's the pictures of the Precision Craft F3's I promised...

tn_Picture108.jpg

tn_Picture109.jpg

tn_Picture111.jpg

Pretty nice set.I'm thinking of selling them and let me tell you,they'll be hard to give up if I do!

Chris