My First Wheathered Stuff

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TruckLover, Aug 12, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Attached Files:

2. TruckLover

Heres some more

Attached Files:

3. TruckLover

And the last 2

Attached Files:

• shell.jpg
      File size:
      53.3 KB
    • up.jpg
      File size:
      51.6 KB
  4. andywyeth07

andywyeth07 Member

I like the looks of it.. good job
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That stuff has been sitting outside in the elements too long! Great work!
  6. Catt

Catt Guest

Well Josh,you oviously paid attention in your Weathering 101 class.Very nice work sir. :thumb:
  7. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Oh they look terrible in the best way possible! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Good Job!
  8. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

looks good weathered but not ready for the rip track :) good job :thumb:
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Way to go Josh! Welcome to the world of weathering addiction!!! sign1

10. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Great work, Josh.... next comes the graffiti !!!

Bob :thumb:
  11. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Pretty good. I'm to afraid to weather my models. I don't want to over do it, lol. If you look, the oly weathered cars on the layout that are weathered are my SCMX 23,000 gallon tank car ( more of an accident) ,Southern and COnrail 50' boxcars. I have another 40' Industrial Rail Burlington Northen Boxcar i wethered that looks ok, but i don't use it on my trains. I should use the rest of my $3 junk cars for practice.
  12. green_elite_cab

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and install that someday to.... :cry:

i like my nice shiny models!
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

That lloks great, you are on the right track.
  14. TruckLover

Thanks everybody for your compliments. It is so easy to do. I practiced on the 40' Columbus Line Container and liked the results so I just went from there.

Here are a couple more I did this morning.

Attached Files:

15. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Doing Great Josh!

i think your doing GREAT JOSH!:thumb: your BNSF, CNW and those containers just KNOCKED MY SOCKS OFF!:thumb: :D . remember, do your freight in various degrees of filth, sometimes less, IS MORE;) . GREAT JOB JOSH!:thumb: :D -Deano
  16. TruckLover

Here's a couple of the BNSF Coalporter Train. I have only done 2 of the 6 but it already makes the one's that arn't wheathered look bad as you can see in 1 of the pics below:

The coal load is ground up asphalt from when they re-did my street. It works great and looks like real coal.

Attached Files:

17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Josh, WOW!:eek: those BNSF coal porters LOOK GREAT!:thumb: VERY WELL DONE!:thumb: :D . hey, check page 28 in my thread, look for the "alternate weathering" post. you may/may not find it useful on your hoppers for your "magic pan bakeries", etc.;)tooth1 KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!:D BTW, glad to have seen some track and switches on your layout, your making GREAT progress!:thumb: . EDIT: Josh, i REALLY liked your coalporters!, in fact, i liked em so much, I JUST ORDERED A SET OF SIX!!...allthough, mine are UP(of course) :D -Deano
  18. green_elite_cab

I think this is my best example of weathering, although it is hard to see. THe trucks are rusted up like on most GG1s, the sides are almost clear ( this is because the GG1s would back therough the passenger car cleaner as well) and a rusted, tarnished roof, which looks pretty realistic if you could see the roof, lol. I tried to match as closely as i could to picture of it i saw on

19. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

They all look great guys!
    You know...Once you start weathering...You're just not goingto be able to stop.
  20. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Lookingr real good!:thumb: :thumb:

Having fun now, I can bet!:D