My First RC...couple ?'s

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Jeremy B., Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. New Member

I just got my Tmaxx yesterday afternoon and started reading through the manual and watched the DVD. I got through 4 tanks of fuel just fine by following the break-in procedure as best as I could. On the fifth tank (last one) I got half way through and my controller/receiver started acting funny. It seemed like my receiver would no longer pick up my controller. I am using brand new Energizer's in both the controller and receiver. Do you think the receiver batteries are already going dead? I am going to pick up a rechargeable set tomorrow. Any other ideas?

Also, I have not yet glued my tires, as I didn't pick up any glue from my hobby store as I forgot about it. Will I notice a big difference in acceleration once the stock tires are mounted (glued) to the rims?
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Your truck will eat up alkiline batteries quick. You'll be happier with a 5 cell RX pack, a lot cheaper in the long run. Get your new batts. and let us know.
    You probably won't notice a difference with gluing the tires just playing around. But you won't have to keep putting them back on. Make sure to clean the tires and rims good with some alcohol to get the release agents off so the will stay glued.
  3. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

How often should you replace the alkiline batteries?
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i'd chuck the alkilines and get some rechargable for the rafio and a pack for the car
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

As soon as things start to slow down (steering and throttle)
  6. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Could that be why my car is being slugish?
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

could be, servos will get slow causing delay in responce time.
  8. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Maybe,but my maxx is brand new. I got it 2 weeks ago.
  9. mastmec

mastmec Member

Are the batts two weeks old, and do you run it alot?
  10. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Every other day mostly
  11. mastmec

mastmec Member

They probably need to be replaced, they won't last too long.
  12. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

definately get the 5 cell pack for the truck. thet work so muck better. it is like the difference between having power steering or not. i got mine today for my max, and love it.mine cost me 35.00, and the charger was 15.00, but well worth it.
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya it might seem like a lot but start ading up all the alkalines that u'd go through without it. its probably a pair a week or less.
  14. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Do you just recharge it after a run,then when its charged go out again?
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

five cell Rx pack.five cell Receiver pack?what size cell are you talikng about? for the receiver?talk to me
  16. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. New Member

Thanks for the tips. I am using rechargeables that I already have, but will a 5 cell pack make that much difference? Also, I am hearing the first upgrade I should make is a higher torque steering servo for the Tmaxx, anyone know where to find the the cheapest online?
  17. mastmec

mastmec Member

Hitech MG645 super torque around $45. very good servo and will last.
    Tim 5 cell RX pack, 5 2/3A cells.
    Yes the RX pack will make a BIG difference if you are using 4 rechargable AA cells, thats 4.8 volts, the RX pack is 6.0 volts and will deliver more current that your AA cells wont. BIG difference.
  18. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

so a 5 cell RX pack and a high torque steering servo? That should be the first upgrade?
  19. timrock

timrock Active Member

my reciever doesnt work right on 6v.it works better on 5v or so.

4 AA rechargable is 4.8v when they are not charged.they are more than 5v when charged.

also,post a link to the batteries you are talking about.
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.