My first question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by mapuc, Nov 24, 2004.

1. mapuc

mapuc Member

I have downloaded this admirable, and are wondering about two things. What type of paper should I use? Have a few paper already and the weight of thise are 190 g/cm2. Is that good enough or is it to light, and what type of glue is the best?

2. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Mapuc

This is a nice model to start with, its well designed as well all know and is good for adding your own bits later.

I built this model a while ago now and I used the same paper you have, if you find that when you have cut a part out and its not strong enough. Glue (laminate) the part to another sheet of paper.
    The glue I use is a simple PVA wood glue, the weatherproof stuff is the best as it it a resin based glue and stronger than normal PVA.

Welcome to the crew of this bunch of card nuts :lol:

Have fun with your build and show us how you get on with it.

3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

I use 180 gram cardstock and i think it is a little bit thick for me and use UHU Multipropose glue for my first choice. i have use PVA glue before but have some problem when spread glue too much. look like PVA glue have some solution what can melt my ink from inkjet printer so i dont use PVA glue anymore :(

some advice about glue what members use is a good thread :)
  4. mapuc

mapuc Member

thank you for your reply.

Now I will print out the model and I will try to find this "UHU Multipropose glue"

I have been thinking of copying it to A3 instead of A4

Original size: new size
    lenght 27,5 cm = 55 cm

Why I'm thinking of doing this, is because of all those small things that has to be assembled and I'm quit new to this.

5. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Hello, and welcome to the site, nice to meet another Sweden-based card modeller!

If you are thinking about up-scaling, there's some stuff on this site that could be helpful, for example the article on scaling.

Also "How to make larger prints".

By the way, where in "southern Sweden" are you? I'm at Goteborg.

Best, Leif
  6. mapuc

mapuc Member

I'm from Landskrona, just a stone throw from copenhagen