My First Post!

Cpt Carter

Mar 6, 2003
UK
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this site for some weeks now and am very impressed with the amount of knowlegde available here for a beginning modeller such as myself.

Some of the things i have seen in the photos have been truly amazing and i had no idea that things of that quality could be reproduced so well. It certainly gives me something to aspire to.

As far as my own railway goes i have just finished restoring an old double oval board mounted layout i have had stored doing nothing for the last 10 years or so. I have took up all the track, cleaned in thouroughly and replaced all the underlay. Am now in the process of cleaning all the wheels on my locos (which suprisingly all ran first time :D ) and rolling stock but its gonna take a while to finish the lot!!!!

Hope to post some pics of my own when i can get my layout setup on a permanent basis but in the mean time thanks for reading.

C

Catt

Well Cpt Carter ,let me be the first to welcome you to the Gauge.I will be looking forward to seeing your pictures.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Welcome to the gauge Cpt Carter, this is the place to be for questions and answers.

Shamus
waver.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Welcome Home Cpt. Carter to the Gauge, Col. Jim Marksberry

Well now, this begs the question...does Cpt. mean captain, and if it does, then which branch of service?

Whatever the case, this old Navy chief welcomes you aboard! There certainly are answers here, and if not, then ask the question, and the answer will be found.
Pete

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Welcome aboard Cpt. Carter! As you've already discovered this is the place for questions, answers, expert advice and lots of inspiration. Heck, when I joined 9 months ago I didn't know the difference between a switcher and an F-unit -- now I'm building my first layout. It's all because of the help and encouragement I've gotten right here on this forum. You're going to love it here!

cheers
:D Val

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Got lost... Ahhh.... Here's some people.
Oh! New person...
Welcome to fold, nuthouse, club, forum,
family (hmmm this one says all the others. Doesn't it. ;) ).

With your own thoughts and ideas mixed
with the one's from those here you'll have
an awesome model rail and a great time.
:D