My first Model RR project

n-scaler-dude

Nov 22, 2002
Lebanon, MO
Visit site
A little progress

I just don't seem to have the time at the moment to devote a lot of energy to this first project.

Between not knowing what I want to do, not knowing how to do things, not having the material when I decide what I want to do, my d@#% job, X-mas shopping, etc.., it's a wonder I've made it this far.

Here's the diorama with a little color added to it (earth color around the rocky areas and roadbed and olive green on the grassy areas.
Don't really like the colors as they are now, but hopefully when I start adding ground cover and trees the mood of my diorama will change.

You can see the not-yet-complete covered bridge sitting in it's future spot. Still have to add siding, roofing, the end pieces, a cupola and some coloring/weathering (at least attempt to).

Attachments

• dio9.jpg
    dio9.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 126

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
nice bridge DUDE very nice work (didn't know they had covered bridges on RR knew about the snow sheds) make sure you keep us posted and man I realy starting to hate this holiday no time for any thing but still have a few 1000's lights still to put up for the kids and more shopping:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I hate shopping:mad: :mad: :eek: :D ;) :p rich

Dude,

Great work on the bridge! Did you build that yourself or is it a kit?

I have two LL E8s. Great little runners! I also have two Kato E8s. Even better.

For the money, the Life Like's are excellent value. They leave my old Rivarossi/Atlas E8 (70s-era) for dead performance-wise.

Gavin Miller in Perth, Western Australia

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
n-dude,

That is a nice looking bridge structure. Time management is one of those things that we all deal with - too much to do, too many places to go, - cuts deeply into the train time. But you seem to have done a good job of using your allotment very well. It looks right at home on that diorama. :) :) :)

n-scaler-dude

Nov 22, 2002
Lebanon, MO
Visit site
Thanks for the wonderful words of encouragement:D :D :D :D :D .

Rich - From what I understand about covered bridges (admittedly not much), there use for RR was concentrated in the eastern states of the U.S. The one I am building is being loosely modeled after a prototype in Vermont.

Gavin - It's all scratchbuilt from wood. Although the basic dimensions (height, width, and length) are relatively close to the plans in the book I have, I have had to make quite a few "adjustments" (I cheated):D on the sizes of the scale lumber and some of the construction. I'm sure it would not be considered structurally sound in real life. I guess my main concern is that it acts as a decent representation of the real thing.

davidstrains - I've been tempted to just set up an oval of track on a board (no scenery) just so I can "play" with my trains. The LL E8's are the only new engines I have right now, and they seem to run circles around all the old junky ones I have, at least on a back-and-forth test piece of track. N-scale technology seems to have come along way.