My first leman

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Hi all,

Finally finished my first leman russ. This template came from somebody's website that had a directory of models so unsure of its creator. I tried to texture map it using powerpoint and I am not thrilled with how it came out. Has anybody had better luck mapping older templates without redoing them in pepakura? I have the pdo leman russ and so far that looks much better then this template one i just finished so may attempt that one next. I may end up painting this one as an experiment.

Cheers,
Leibolmai

Attachments

• 20120903_175827.jpg
    20120903_175827.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 20

arkon

Aug 22, 2011
texas
looks good,if youare goin to paint it make sure you clear coat it with something first.

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Would normal clearcoat sealant work or do you mean pigmentless paint (clear paint non sealing nor gloss). I have both from painting minis.

Cheers,
Leibolmai

Z

Zathros

Depends on your printer. if it is a Epson, it uses Pigment Ink and won't run. A lot use dye based ink, which may mean building up in light layers, a side at a time, positioned so it can't run. :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I use Krylon Triple clear, and the inks from my HP printer don't run with it.
:thumb:

Z

Zathros

You really have to look up your specific printer to know what kind of ink it uses. There are some H.P.'s that use both. Dye ink tends to run. Pigment doesn't. Dye ink fades, Pigment doesn't. Dye ink can be mixed wit cement, Pigment ink by name, would imply that Pigs mix with cement, but they don't, not well anyways. :p :)

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
Thanks for the advice. I am using a lexmark so will have to look it up. I can already tell you as I mentioned on another post I had issues with ink running days after printing when I applied 3m glue stick. It literally would slough off a complete layer from heavy textured card stock.
Cheers,
Leibolmai

Z

Zathros

Never liked Lexmark, the ink is so expensive. Just so you know, I found a person who sells OEM ink. This has been verified by someone I knew in the industry. I don't think they sell anything for Lexmark. As they sell OEM Epson ink, i purchased an Epson Workforce 11100 13" x 19" printer, best printer I've ever owned, and the ink is downright cheap for it!!

www.inkproducts.com

Leibolmai

Aug 28, 2012
Connecticut
My Yamoto is diecast with plastic wings and plastic third bridge, and two mini plastic fighters. I've seen the paper models out there, but have not the time nor the courage to attempt one yet. A co-worker gave it to me after he saw my extensive BSG collection on my desk knowing I was also a fan, but unfortunately polices changed and non-work related toys had to go home (my loss my son's gain lol). I have three BSG models in various sizes, so I'm in no rush to paper those either. The big irony is that I'm a huge Robotech fan over the other two series, and I still don't have an SDF/Macross in my collection, paper or otherwise.

Cheers,

Leibolmai