My first Kit Bash

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by planeshavings42, Nov 18, 2007.

1. announce1Hello All, a couple of weeks ago, my friend and I were at a local train show, (Kalamazoo, Mich.) and I bought several items in HO gauge, when I got to preparing some of the buildings to be used on my layout, I noticed two were similar in design, upon closer inspection, I realized they were exactly the same footprint, and I desired to have some tall buildings in my downtown portion, so I went to work with a razor blade knife, prying the roof and base sections off, readying them for joining together and WALA, here is what has transpired, I still have much to do before it is ready to go on the layout, since the 2 story hotel had a couple of window frames that were missing in the back, I had to make some out of scraps of plastic from my junk box, and they didn't turn out bad if I do say so myself, but anyway here is a sneak priview of what it will look like: :wave:

Attached Files:

2. nachoman

nachoman Guest

ka-ching! Excellent! Aint kitbashing fun?

3. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

That is awesome, and BIGGGG!:thumb:
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Nicely done!!
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

:thumb: :thumb:

;) :D

6. COX 47

COX 47 Member

Nice Modeling!....Cox 47
  7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

wow that looks cool :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen:
  8. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

That is an awesome building. Well done!
  9. engineshop

engineshop Member

Nicely done. I would add some balconies to the 3. and 4. floor or at least some railing since you don't want to deal with lawsuits from insured Preiser figures.
  10. Dirtyd79

Dirtyd79 New Member

Looking good so far. You may want to add some fire escapes and some balconies for the big windows.