My first HO Locomotive

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Quinn222, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Quinn222

Quinn222 Member

We're switching to HO after having a layout in N and playing around a little bit in O. Last weekend my father bought me this locomotive:

It's by MTH and is really beautiful. It's nice to get toys from your dad for Christmas when you've been a grown up for a long time!
    Since we aren't going to start building a layout until after the holidays it's doing temporary duty hauling holiday passengers around our tabletop display:

2. LongIslandTom

LongIslandTom Member

That is indeed a sweet looking locomotive-- The Pennsylvania Railroad's K4 Pacific was used to haul fast passenger trains and it was very graceful on the rails.

Looks like a good holiday season indeed when you have something like that circling the Christmas tree! :thumb:
  3. Old_Bob

Old_Bob Member

Wow! I'm green with envy! I went look-shopping at a couple model train stores yesterday and ticker shock got me.
  4. Quinn222

Quinn222 Member

Me too! I was looking at one for half the price and that was still high but he took one look at this one and was "I'll take it!" All his O locomotives are MTH and he's comfortable with the brand. I have to admit I thought sound was just not something I wanted or needed but seeing this locomotive sitting there not moving with steam puffing out of it and quietly hissing while the crew chatters a bit is really something amazing. Then of course it starts rolling and it gets even better!

5. ejen34

ejen34 Member

Wonderful looking specimen, lately I am appreciating the power and beauty of steam more and more :thumb:
  6. TN_Trainman

TN_Trainman Member

Looking good!!!!!!
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That is a beautiful locomotive! I'll bet you're getting eager to get that layout started!
    Welcome aboard, by the way, to you new members by the way! Glad you could join us.
  8. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

Very nice!

9. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

There was a very good review of that particular locomotive in either MR or RMC magazines about two months ago.
  10. NSES44DC

NSES44DC Member

that is a real good looking loco. I love the night shot of it. Looks great!