My first HO Locomotive

Quinn222

Nov 17, 2006
Florida
We're switching to HO after having a layout in N and playing around a little bit in O. Last weekend my father bought me this locomotive:

pennsy2.jpg

It's by MTH and is really beautiful. It's nice to get toys from your dad for Christmas when you've been a grown up for a long time!
Since we aren't going to start building a layout until after the holidays it's doing temporary duty hauling holiday passengers around our tabletop display:

pennsy.jpg

Christina

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
That is indeed a sweet looking locomotive-- The Pennsylvania Railroad's K4 Pacific was used to haul fast passenger trains and it was very graceful on the rails.

Looks like a good holiday season indeed when you have something like that circling the Christmas tree! :thumb:

Quinn222

Nov 17, 2006
Florida
Old_Bob said:
ticker shock got me.

Me too! I was looking at one for half the price and that was still high but he took one look at this one and was "I'll take it!" All his O locomotives are MTH and he's comfortable with the brand. I have to admit I thought sound was just not something I wanted or needed but seeing this locomotive sitting there not moving with steam puffing out of it and quietly hissing while the crew chatters a bit is really something amazing. Then of course it starts rolling and it gets even better!

Christina

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That is a beautiful locomotive! I'll bet you're getting eager to get that layout started!
Welcome aboard, by the way, to you new members by the way! Glad you could join us.
Ralph