My first go at kit bashing

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Why me, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Why me

Why me Member

Hi guys needed a building 36 long to compleye my backscene for layout at this time i dont have the skills to scratch build so i bought this plastic kit and made into a lowrelife build and weathered it few pics

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Looks great! Why scratchbuild when you've got a good solution in a kitbash? That stone fence looks great too. :thumb: :thumb:

3. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That stone fence is great. Very good solution to a problem too! That building looks really nice.
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

It looks good! A manufacturer spent a lot of money to make molds to do that building, there is no reason to scratch build when you can get the results you want from a kitbash.
  5. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Looks real good. Nothing like a good kitbash.
    If you ever buy a Rix Products kit. The instructions do state that"We know most model railroaders don't build kits straight from the box. That why we've designed our kits for easy modification.." or something to the effect.
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Great way to make a large structure! I too really like that stone wall!
  7. SB7

SB7 New Member

Hello Why me:

Pictures look great,. Keep up the great work. Love to see what it looks like when you've finished adding the vegetation and walkways.
    Whats the name of the company that made the parts.?

8. nachoman

nachoman Guest

I agree with Ralph - the stone wall is fantastic. How did you make that?

9. Why me

Why me Member

Hi the stone wall was bought off of E-BAY UK its made of resin so i heated up and took the chance it would bend and the results is what you see i try find the guys name.mike

bought from here this guys name scenicsunlimited
  10. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Looks good to me, Mike! :thumb: :thumb: It's always nice to see a building big enough to actually need rail service, and a great way to fill-in the skyline, too. I also like that stone wall: a good find and a good idea for bending it to the shape you needed.

11. Why me

Why me Member