my first craftman kit

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nicely done! Scale lumber makes my hands twitch so I really admire anyone who has the patience and craftsmanship to assemble such a structure. The results are certainly worth your efforts! Nice weaterhing along the bottom side of the walls and stalls too!
Ralph

DanishKnight

Dec 27, 2003
Denver CO
Visit site
Jesper,

That is an excellent structure! I love the paint job and weathering! Mange smuk! :thumb: Craftsman kits have come a long way since I did a couple back in the 70s. AMB (American Model Builders) has a small branchline depot that I'm working on. My Lady says it's really cute. :eek:ops: I like it because of its diminutive size (small floorplan perfect for a shelf layout).

Med venlig hilsen,
James

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Nicely done! My first craftsman kit was also a coal dealer... :) I really like the weathering along the bottom of the main building.

For a cheap coal-like substance, try dollar store aquarium gravel in black. It is a bit oversize, but works well.

Andrew

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
I managed to get a little bit done yesterday while wify was watching the Oscars.
Andrew, thanks for the tip, but this kit comes with a small bag of coal so I am gonna use that.
aam.sized.jpeg

F

Fred_M

That looks nice. Another choice for more coal if you need it is aquarium charcoal for filters, or go to the junkyard and get a GM charcoal cannister. Both these are easy to make smaller with a hammer if need be. FRED