My First Card Model

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by f18fixer, Jul 3, 2009.

1. f18fixer

f18fixer New Member

:mrgreen: Well This is my first post and my first card model, Im a plastic guy, but Im working in Kuwait so I needed a hobby that I could do, with out bringing all my plastic hobby supplies with me...I started looking on the net and found this place, so I saw all of your great stuff and decided to give it a try...Thanks for looking....Oh ya these are work in progress pics

Thanks Craig

Attached Files:

2. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Very nice job! Stay cool - and hydrate like mad.
  3. G4MER

G4MER New Member

Very Nice indeed.. I hope my first model is that good.
  4. David H

David H Member

You picked the best of the best for a first model and you are doing a great job!

5. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Sure doesn't look like a first attempt...looking forward to the next installment.
  6. doctormax

doctormax Member

excellent work
  7. Sgt.Backer

Sgt.Backer New Member

wow, how did you make the landing gear so perfect?

Welcome aboard.
  9. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Welcome to this forum Craig! Great job so far... I hope you post plenty of final pics. (we all love pictures).
  10. Lord Manimal

Lord Manimal Member

Wow, I can't believe that's your first! Mine first one looked so bad that I gave up and didn't try again for like 2 years. lol Congrats! You're going to LOVE this hobby! It's easy, and it's portable for us military guys!
  11. poorleno

poorleno New Member

Right on, any recommendations for a first model ?
  12. azgard

azgard New Member

13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

holy crap! Thats one of the best first models I ever saw.... my first were held together with staples then I graduated to scotch tape ;) - now I sell that model :) I have improved thanks to this forum and others :D
  14. MAGI

MAGI Member

f18fixer, I &^%* YOU..
    Just kidding. That is amazing.

Your plastic models must be amazing if your first paper craft model turned out like that.

What an awesome idea too where you are.
    You can get tons of models, and you basically have everything you need.
    Smart and talented.

Thanks for sharing.
    Stay safe.
  15. smelter273

smelter273 New Member

Great job. You're first model looks a lot better than mine.
  16. leaw

leaw New Member

Wow, i bet you get loads of comments like

"Is that really Paper?"

Looks Way better than my first build!
  17. TDavis

TDavis New Member

My first models were cut from the backs of cereal boxes (Yeah, I'm older than God). The first "kit" type model was given to me by a Japanese friend. I was a very simple HO gauge train depot. I was quite into HO at that time and couldn't believe that instead of spending two or three dollars for a small plastic building, I could build much larger structures for pennies! Since then I've built a LOT of models, even the paper clock (three tries, one success).
  18. luanoon

luanoon New Member

very impressive. my first model was not as better as yours. very good job.
  19. v3n1x

v3n1x New Member

What model is this, and where is this from? Is this the X-15 from fiddlersgreen?
  20. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

X-15 model

I believe it is this model: Ken West's X-15