My first build: Space-X Dragon *FINISHED*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by kbkline, May 9, 2013.

1. kbkline

kbkline Member

OK let me say that even though this takes forever I'm really starting to enjoy this. I still have no clue as to what I'm doing but that's half of the fun right? My first model is of the Space-X Dragon (capsule) and aft this is complete I'll move onto the Falcon-9 with Dragon payload model. I'm having a blast doing this (beats sitting in from of my PC playing games all night)

OK I finished the model. I must say that I'm pleased for a first timer. I learned some things with this one and will have that in the old memory bank now. The cool thing about this model is I will save it and add it to the space station model when I start on it later this year. (Need to make a few/lots more models first)

Docking mechanism... (was a pain in the butt)

2. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

For not having a clue as to what you are doing, it looks like you are doing a GREAT job at it.
    What you have there looks really good. You are off to a really good start.
    The best advice that I can give you, is take your time, enjoy yourself, and have fun.

Best of luck with this build. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
  3. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

Excellent job!! Space X is the one to beat on the next manned capsules. I believe they will start next year testing their manned capsules. Your model is right with the times! :)
  4. kbkline

kbkline Member

What fun this was! Now I'm starting on the ESA Vega launch vehicle.
  5. tiluchi

tiluchi Member

Really!!... looks great for a first model. And it seems that is not that much of a beginners model and you are doing it just fine. Nice work... Before you know it, youl'll be doing the 7 foot long ISS... hehehe

Keep up the good work.
  6. zathros

Great job!! You are well on your way, if this is indication. :)
  7. tjbmurph

tjbmurph Member

Wow, you picked a tricky one to start with! Great job! can't wait to see what else you do :)
  8. kbkline

kbkline Member

Thanks. I'm working on the ISS 1:100 scale now. I have 3 sections complete (I'm not doing it in "order" of the real ISS as I'm not wanting to move and change things from the initial assembly)
  9. zathros

Bitten and smitten by the paper modeling bug! :)
  10. inky

inky Member

I would of never guessed that this was your first model, great job on it.
  11. kbkline

kbkline Member

Thank you for the encouragement
  12. goodduck

goodduck Active Member

funny, i think a lot of us have no clue of what we doing when we doing things. if only i'll get a dime every time i have no clue of what i'm doing, i think i will be living more then really well right now. and i think your model looking nice by the way.