My first build (Jay's BSG Chief Tyrol Blackbird)

venom_82

Note: it's only a little experiment, without wishing to obtain a quality model, but in any case, is always my first building of an paper model.. and i am happy to look my first finished model. :)

I did this test at home (on the kitchen table :mrgreen: ), where I had only a pair of scissors, a jar of vinylic based glue (the italian Vinavil) and the normal print paper, but for a test, it's ok.

obviously, the next time i will use a more "professional" approach, working in my garage, where i have the right space to work, different types of cutters, glue etc. And i will use a more appropriate paper. ;)

below, a couple of pictures:

I know, the quality of the result is poor, but again, it was just an experiment done quickly :)

(However the Dradis screen saver is very cool sign1)

dscn4871.jpg

dscn4872l.jpg

:wave::wave:

Millenniumfalsehood

Nice! If you're going to do a "serious" attempt next time, I would suggest picking up a decent set of markers to do some edge coloring. In a model like this one, which is mostly dark gray, it would really help. :cool:

Great work, though. :thumb:

venom_82

Nice! If you're going to do a "serious" attempt next time, I would suggest picking up a decent set of markers to do some edge coloring. In a model like this one, which is mostly dark gray, it would really help. :cool:

Great work, though. :thumb:

thanks ;)

i know, all that white point are very bad.. for sure i pick a set of markers ;)

:thumb:

silveroxide

Good choice for your first build. I have been meaning to build this bird for a while but I got side tracked with the Warhammer series. I will build this fighter eventually and yes, a darker matte black would have look nicer but the effects are great.

venom_82

many thanks to all for these positive comments, honestly I was much more pessimistic about the final result :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

anyway, certainly the next work will be better, both in the construction material/technique and final result.

Surely the next one is still a model from BSG, another ship, or a better building of the blackbird.. I love Battlestar Galactica (and I think that here in Italy is not sufficiently considered wall1 ). I also really like the blackbird, unfortunately had a life too short in the tv series.

iconicus

I've been at this a while, and your first build looks better than the Stealth I just built. As already mentioned, edging the piece would make it look a lot more dynamic. It's the only thing that saves my models. I tend to not use full on black when edging, I like to use a crayola gray marker to edge with (depending on the model) I think it helps the eye 'blend' the piece together.

Nice job.