My F7A on some fresh track

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by wiskrbiscu, Oct 9, 2001.

1. wiskrbiscu

wiskrbiscu New Member

Here it is. If you look close you can see that everything is pinned down, no glue yet.

Jody :D

Attached Files:

2. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

That's a slick looking little engine! N-scale, right? Also, what kind of turnouts are you using?

-Rory
  3. wiskrbiscu

wiskrbiscu New Member

Rory

Yes that is N-scale. Little bugger isn't it. It'll pull 14 pieces of rolling stock (allI have) no problem. I am using Atlas Standdard custom and #6 custom line switches. I do have some others but haven't worked them in yet. A friend gave me a couple of Peco's and I really like them. I'll be using one of the "y"'s he gave me to complete a wye I have planned. I'll try and get a drawing made up and posted soon.

4. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Just curious about the materials off to the lower right of your picture. Is that Woodland Scenics subterrian material. I've used that stuff extensively on my layout and am very please with it so far.

Bob Collins
  5. wiskrbiscu

wiskrbiscu New Member

Bob

Yes that is the woodland senics material. I really like it. Way so much easier to work with than I thought. I have the 1 inch risers on top of 2" foam board so that gives me about about 40 scale feet of terrian to play with dept wise.

6. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

As you can see from the attached picture I have gone somewhat higher, although I didn't stop to figure out the scale, so can't tell you exactly why I did it.

I have actually glued together a 1" and a 2" riser for most of my mainline, rising to 4" where I have two trestles. I am in the process of taking a couple of spurs down to :ground level" for effect. I envision that I am going to have lots of trackage along some steep embankments!!

Bob Collins

Attached Files: