My engines seem to run slower. How come?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Heya!
I've got a couple n scale Atlas engines equipped with Lenz decoders from the factory and when I run them on the club layout (usually as a consist but sometimes not)(DCC/Digitrax), my top speed is about half of everybody elses. My speed of 99 corresponds to about 40 for everyone else. What gives? I've got some ideas from reading through some other threads but none of them seemed to deal with this directly. When I run them on the DC layout at home, they perform normally.
Any ideas?

MilesWestern

Yes, they must have some default program settings for the decoders in DCC. It probably slowed it down to "prototypical" speed! :rolleyes: Open up the latest version of JMRI (I think..am I right? :confused: ) and re-program your engines to run faster if you desire! :thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Okay, what is that (JMRI) and how do I do it? It makes it rather interesting when somebody is catching me and not paying attention and I don't have the speed to get out of the way! My locomotives also seem to have a momentum setting built in as it takes them 4-5 seconds to start up and build speed whereas the rest of the club can do 0-60 in 2 seconds.:D While I like prototypical operation, I would like to be able to control that myself and not be forced to use it.

rksstl

TrainNut

Try resetting CV08 to 08 or 33 this will rest to default setting and then you can reses the start, mid, and top speeds.