My engine die after full throttle help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by Deadlego, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

When I hit full throttle and let it rev down it dies. Also it not the throttle setting. any clue thanks for your time people
  2. trible10

trible10 Member

I had this exact problem this morning with my Dominator. Your engine is either to rich or to lean. Mine was to rich, so I leaned it out a 1/4 of a turn clockwise until I was able to give it full throttle without dieing.
  3. Deadlego

Deadlego Member

hey man thanks I will try to run my truck when it not raining lest few day its been raining........ cant use truck in the rain (flips, Dies, cant control the truck) bad tires need new ones
  4. wtb3886

wtb3886 New Member

Deadlego: What engine do you have? Does your carb have a high and low end needle valve? If your engine dies after returning from full throttle then your carb is not setup properly. If you have not moved the low end setting then do not touch it until your high end is set properly. If this is a new engine then start here, turn your high end needle valve (turn right) gently until it stops. Then turn it out 1 & 1/2 turns, turn on your tx & rx and make sure you have your idle setting setup right so that you can close the carb with your trim tab. Have someone hold the plane and attempt to crank it, if it fires up then let the engine warm up before adjusting any more. Once it is warm give it full throttle and pinch (just for a second) your fuel line to the carb, if it speeds up, turn your high end needle valve in a few clicks. Repeat until there is no rev up when you pinch the fuel line, then turn your high end needle valve left a few clicks to leave your setting a little rich. Have someone pickup your airplane while it is at full throttle and listen to your engine, if it hesitates then you need to adjust it more. If it does not cut out or die then we are ready to check the low end setting. With your engine at idle pinch and hold and listen to your engine, if it speeds up slightly and then dies your low end is a little rich, turn your low end valve right a few clicks and try this again. Once this is done you need to go back to check your high end valve setting again.
  5. Dead lego you need to let your engine warm up a little if its not that set your hightspeed needle then your low spped needle then it should b fine
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.