My Dream Layout

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Overall it has alot of potental, except your showpiece bridge should be something you can see your trains roll over, not stop in the middle of because there's no room for more track! Put your river module on the middle top of the bottom layout, so you can have a deep John Allen-esque gorge. Also, moake a yard where you have the bridge now, so you can sort cars at both ends of the line. ;) Just my $0.02

LIRRNEAL

Mar 18, 2004
Long Island
Visit site
Hi Guys
This is a great layout, and I love the artwork.

I just was wondering, if the room is 12' x 12' , a 36" radius helix is 6 feet in diameter, or about 1/4 of the whole room. I think you are modeling the helix too small.

Neal

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
LIRRNEAL said:
Hi Guys
This is a great layout, and I love the artwork.

I just was wondering, if the room is 12' x 12' , a 36" radius helix is 6 feet in diameter, or about 1/4 of the whole room. I think you are modeling the helix too small.

Neal

:eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: :eek:ops: I must of did it wrong then, I am still working on this thing, just been working more on my layout right now. I will have to go back and figure out the right helix. I do want the radius to be large on the helix so I can run 6 axle diesels from top to bottom without them stuggleing.

Miles, nice points, I like them and am considering changing it.

CNWman,sign1 sign1