My Dream Layout :)

spitfire

..literally. In my dream I was riding in the cab of one of my model locos with a miniature videocam installed. My mom was with me and I was pointing out all the things of interest to her, much as I do when I'm showing her my layout!

To our left was a tall retaining wall - there were buildings above it but all you could see out the window was this massive wall. As we travelled along at about 30 mph, the wall got lower, until it ended where the ground was level with the tracks. The effect of watching the wall "sink" as we passed it was very cool!

The track took a curve to the right, past the back side of a large factory with lots of old wooden doors. It looked a lot like the Walthers Milwaukee Brewery kit I have, but bigger. The curve continued on until we passed into a tunnel, and that's when I woke up.

Later that day, I closed my eyes and replayed the dream in my head to find out how many seconds had actually elapsed. By my calculations, at 30 mph, it would take 7 ft to recreate that scene. And of course I''ll need one of those mini videocams. But what an inspiration for a layout!!!

Val

TrainClown

Cool Val!

Dare to dream.

I think the wall to the left was a representation of your modeling abbility, and the wall (the lack of abbility) is getting less and less, untill soon it will disapear altogether. All the wooden doors represent all the projects you have yet to do, a new one behind each door. And the tunnel is the unknown future that you boldly ride into.

Just clowny thoughts.

TrainClown :)

spitfire

That's cool Mr. Clown!!! I didn't know you were a dream interpreter and a psychologist as well as a guy who wears big shoes!!!!!!!!

I now realize I should have called this thread "My Dream Layout" LOL!!!!

Val

Sir_Prize

Of course he his a medical practioner!!!

Haven't you heard... Laughter is the BEST medicine!!!
;) :thumb: :thumb: :D :D

Cool dream, and best to you on the real design of it. :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Ach, mien frent Val....you haf reported a most interesting dream, no?! My eshteemdt colleage Doktor Trainclown has analyzed it vell but like most Jungians has neglekted der ofvious psychodynamic ashpekts! You didt zay dat your MOTHER vas in der dream, no? I find zat VERRRRRY interesting!
Best vishes!
Sigmond

Sorry Val, I should really stop letting other people use my password! :)
Serioulsy it sounds like you did some "imagineering" in your dream and came up with a neat scene. I encourage you to build it! Now...tell us about your mother..:)
Ralph

TrainClown

What daughter would not like to impress her mom? What better way than to show her the world made by your own hand?

I hope your mom was impressed in your dream and didn't just sit there rolling her eyes.

I like to try and unravel dreams to find the hidden truth. I'm not saying I'm right. Just that this is my spin on things.

To dream the imposible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go.............Don Quixote

Good dreams to you all.

TrainClown

brakie

Val,Perhaps that wall was getting smaller is because of the N scale layout we will be bringing to the cookout. :eek: :wave: But,on second thought I like TC's thoughts far better. :thumb: :wave:

F

Fred_M

spitfire said:
Later that day, I closed my eyes and replayed the dream in my head to find out how many seconds had actually elapsed. By my calculations, at 30 mph, it would take 7 ft to recreate that scene. And of course I''ll need one of those mini videocams. But what an inspiration for a layout!!!

Val
I would do it. FRED

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Wow Val, I think you have got it bad, but so do the rest of us. To dream about ones layout is really freaky or is it?

Tileguy

Hmmmm,now if we could only wake up and find we got alot of work done on the RR while dreaming ;)

By the way Val, as you were travalling along pointing out the sites to your mother you forgot 2 setouts and 1 pickup.....................mgmt is going to have to write you up for dreaming on the job :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Well - I took TC's idea & went to Swoon and put the following words in. :) This could or could not be accurate. :D

Door
More than one door in a dream means that you will soon be able to choose from a number of good opportunities.

Tunnel
…… it represents a change, a risk, or an opportunity which is causing you some mental conflict; talk it over with a trusted friend or adviser before you commit yourself.

Wall
These represent obstacles; therefore the meaning of the dream depends on the outcome of its action. If you dreamed of jumping over one, you will achieve success through your own determination, and if your dream featured walking along the top of a wall, your future is bright indeed.

Well there ya go Val - decide how you want to interprete it :D :D :D

spitfire

Yikes! Ralph, who let Sigmund on this forum????? Isn't he that dude who had all the hysterical woman theories? :D :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I like your dream interpretations Chris and Mikey! My own interpretation is a lot more literal - not that I don't like to plumb the depths of the subconscious with the best of 'em! Personally, I think it was said subconscious reminding me that I haven't worked on my layout in a long while, and showing me just how cool it could be.

I'd been reading about those mini videocams that day, and after seeing this "dream layout" I had a taste of what I could actually look at if I want to.

As for the Freudian presence of my mother in the dream (!!) we live together in her house (I'm separated and she's 83 - so that works out well for both). She is enthralled by my model RR, totally supportive, and is wont to say "you always did like miniatures, even when you were little".

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Val

Vic

spitfire said:
I'd been reading about those mini videocams that day, and after seeing this "dream layout" I had a taste of what I could actually look at if I want to.
Val

Hi Val, Its a totally "doable" project so put the interpetations aside and get on it!! :) :) :) :)

BTW, Here at The Institute, Nurse Needles read your post....she went right away and counted my medications and then questioned me as to where I got money for new box cars. :D :D :D :D Seems there's a few pills missing :D :D :D :D

Woodie

spitfire said:
..literally. In my dream I was riding in the cab of one of my model locos with a miniature videocam installed. My mom was with me and I was pointing out all the things of interest to her, much as I do when I'm showing her my layout!

Val,

If I could put up a video on here of what those little video cameras (discussed a few weeks ago) can do (I got one for $40 AUS, bout $30 US), and what the video looks like on the tele, I would. The sight on the tele has never ceased to amaze those I have shown. Especially as it moves along the tracks, and past buildings, stations etc. Brillliant it is.

Anyway... a link for ya. Dictionary of Dreams ("T" section, for "trains") :cool: :eek:

Now off ya go.... back to :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :thumb: