My Desktop Layout

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by jesso, Feb 3, 2007.

1. jesso

jesso Member

Hello all!
    I decided to quit lurking and post something here. Ever since I got my flat panel monitors at work, I wanted to fill the empty space on my desk. I decided the best way was to fill it with a train! As I am supposed to be working, I wanted a layout where I could just start the train and let it run, that is why there are no switches.

My wife made the sea serpent out of modeling clay.

Attached Files:

2. berraf

berraf Member

Flat panel monitors have their advantages :D
    You give the concept "My desktop layout" a new face sign1
  3. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

That's cool, glad to see the monster is a rail fan- um, hopefully not in the edible way!
  4. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Now that is impressive! I like it!!!

5. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That is too cool! Great idea.
  6. radar

radar Member

Way cool:thumb: need some place to put my coffee cup though.sign1
  7. jesso

jesso Member

Thanks for the kind comments. This was the first layout I ever made, other than a circle on a board. I just completed a module that I will be putting pictures up soon. I am also working on building a 4x8 HO layout. This site has given me a lot of inspiration and it is so much fun to be back in trains again.
  8. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

Very neat job on the layout, jesso. :thumb:

Hmmm.... Coffee pot disguised as geothermal spring. Hoppers filled with sugar and creamer...
  9. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

and flat cars of donuts,actually you might be able to squeeze some mini donuts in a coil carrier sign1
  10. railohio

railohio Active Member

Great idea, but, damn, if I had a smaller monitor I'd just find a way to fill my desk with more @#$%.
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's great! What fun! Love the Loch Ness monster, by the way!
  12. mooreway

mooreway Member

Great work. I will have to post pictures of my office layout ( inspired by yours). I also think we need to build you some flar car loads with computer chips for the loads to run on it. and maybe a windows xp car box car.
  13. berraf

berraf Member

That would be something sign1
  14. LocoIndy76

LocoIndy76 Member

That's AWESOME
  15. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

That rally is a cool little layout! :thumb:
    Who needs to actually do work at the office when they have TRAINS! :D
  16. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Member

Very cool! :thumb: Nice to see a productive use of office space!
  17. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

What an interesting idea. See you can do large things in a small layout. Nice Job!
  18. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I was thinking about this layout this morning and it got me to wondering... What kind of an office environment do you work in and how have your fellow coworkers responded to your "desktop" layout?
  19. COX 47

COX 47 Member

Very nice!..Is red barn a kit or scratch?....Cox 47
  20. jesso

jesso Member

Trainnut, I am a computer network administrator, so very few people ever come to my office (although the ones in the building like it) My office for a long time has been known as the playroom. I have Star Wars lego's, Harry Potter Lego's, bobble-head dolls and a few stuffed animals. Whenever the social worker in my building has a problem child, one look in the doorway is usually enough to quiet them down! Every so often, one of the people in the office will tell me to sound the horn (I have a really loud wav file of a train horn)

Cox47, It is one of the first laser-cut models that Mooreway built.

Renovo, Thanks! You can fit even more into that area, butI just wanted a simple loop so that I can start the train and just let it run without any attention to it.