My design strike noir gundam

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Tang.L.B, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherban

sherban Member

Hi Lex!
    If you have any news from Tang, maibe you can ask him about sending his model.
    Sorry to be persistent, but it really looks to be a very nice model.
    Down here even a plastic Gundam model is a rare thing to get.
  2. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Wow...I agree with skup but at the same time, he probably knew everyone would ask. I would suggest, that since he's the designer, he post it here at the forums for anyone to download. But being the designer, he can do whatever he wants! :mrgreen:

That is, after all, why you guys set up the download feature...otherwise you would all be quite sick of sending emails to me by now.:twisted:

All meant with good intentions and humor...balloon6
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

It is why the download section exists, but I don't think he wants to put it somewhere people can get at it. My guess is he might be worried about copyright, being plagiarized, or maybe he thinks the model isn't good enough to release (I'm sure he's wrong). Just take a look at page 1.
  4. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I have to agree with a few of the comments towards the end of this thread. He did mention early on that he didn't want to make it available for download. He later went on to offer it to fellow card modeller "friends". The way I would interpret that is that he was talking about a few people here and there who had been following the thread and taking part in the conversation, not an endless list of requests from people who in some cases purely signed up just for a copy of the model.

Perhaps he got sick of the endless requests?

Also going back to what Skip said, I have to agree there too... it gets pretty annoying when what starts out as a great thread turns into an endless stream of requests for the model. While I'm not aware of us having any forum policy against this, the more of this I see the more inclined I am to suggest that we have one.

While most designers out there are happy to share their work for free, it would be nice if more people could exercise a little more patience and respect while waiting for a certain kit. As for the designers, It would have to get pretty annoying when the majority of replies are from people begging for a copy before a model is released or completed. Speaking for myself, I have to say it's annoying to see posts like "I've been lurking here for ages but I just signed up so I could get a copy of the model".

If you so desperately want a copy of the kit that you just can't help asking, try doing it in a PM, or for something completely different, wait till the kit is finished and available for public download.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy old man who's got nothing better to do than complain (I'm not that old :p) but I've been seeing more and more threads turn into lists of email addresses and model requests (not just this one), I think it's time we addressed it.

/end rant
  5. sherban

sherban Member

Isn't "the endless stream of requests" a sign of appreciation of a good work? Is it "a pretty annoying thing" that people all over the world hear about you and enjoy your work, jaffro? And finally, wouldn't be better to hear the author's point of view about this?
  6. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Easy tiger. ;)

A sign of appreciation? No. It's a sign that you like it. Sure, if a designer has a model and is bombarded with requests for it then he know's he's making people happy. However, when people don't make a point of complimenting him openly of thanking him then he may feel unappreciated even though he know's he's made them happy.

I think you missed the point. No offense. As I said before I may have bee speaking out of turn and Tang may not have a problem with what I pointed out. If that's the case then I'll appologise gladly.

We'll just need to see if Tang has a statement to make or not. :) No need to get defensive eh? We're all friends aren't we?
  7. sherban

sherban Member

We wouldn't be talking in the same place if we were not. You pointed that very well, skup
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I'd like to see this as a release like all other models. Hopefully with a build thread for us less than skilled builders.

Like myself. :B
  9. palmer

palmer Member

Tang you're a great designer, what program do you use for 3d graph? Unfold in Pepakura? I'm thinkin to project somethink but need so much pratice to become as you are (if never!).
    This Strike Noir is very nice, I can't see from images if it's built with colored paper, I love to build with it, maybe it's not, but that spots on wings and shoulders look like golden paper.

I saw that a lot of people requested it to you, can I add myself to the list?
    Maybe you're annoyed of sending but if you build those marvels you'd aspect it!

Oh, I forget my mail:
  10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Sorry, I missed this reply at the time...

No, but that's not the point I was trying to make, feel free to read it again.

There's nothing wrong with heaping praise on a designer. Personally however, I would find endless requests for a copy of a model I didn't want to release very annoying.

There were people who only started commenting, and in some cases only signed up to the forum at all, just so they could get a copy of the model... they then turned this thread into an endless stream of requests for the model as opposed to a discussion about the design and the relevant praise etc you speak of.

THAT is what I was complaining about. I would never want to see a designer or builder miss out on any credit where it was due.

And yeah, it would be great to hear the actual designers opinion on this.
  11. sherban

sherban Member

It is better to hear how you can improve a model than just to see that you made a good job.
    It was not very clear if the strike gundam will be not released or it will be send for the one whom will show interest in it.
    The download section is there just to clarify this problem too
  12. jojopylote

jojopylote New Member

13. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oops... Sorry but, no, this offer has long since expired.........

I had been talking to Tang a while ago about this, he said he did intend to release it to the public, but then he saw one of my free model being pirated, and so changed his mind. --...And this (everything above) is what he gets... Different people have different ways of thinking, I'd never do it this way :D
  14. farich.abdillah

farich.abdillah New Member

hi guy's...can anyone send me the copy of this noir gundam too please???
    send it to :

thanks alot....
  15. tazman3

tazman3 Model Designer Wannabe

Geez, people should really "read before they write"....:cry:
  16. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Actually... I seriously want to lock this thread...
  17. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

:cry: Honestly.
  18. khwei86

khwei86 New Member

Strike Noir Gundam

Wow, excellent design!! I love your design so much. I'd love to have one as my birthday present if possible. My email is

Thanks in advanced!!
  19. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Thought this thread had died. Before it turns into another endless series of "gimme" posts I'm locking this one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.