My Delorian Build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Tintellaar, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

All I can really say is WOW!!!
    This is AMAZING!!!

I am blown away with the detail that you are putting into this model.
  2. madmax355

madmax355 New Member

man thats really cool the detail is great looks like you have a lot of time in it. keep up the good work

3. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

HOLY FRAK!!! That is awesome!
  4. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

and more

I wanted to show the door pockets and I added the little window air wings :)

Attached Files:

5. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

and more

hmmm, missing some pics of the back end build, gotta go find em...

Oh, I wanted to point out that in the pic with the closeup of the roof/windshield.... well, they didn't match, like a quarter of an inch off... don't know what I did wrong but I put in a strip to fill the gap, came out ok! BUT, then when I went to do the doors, well, I wanted one closed one open, but obviously the change in the door frame zonked that out...:cry: so... we have a flying car! :rolleyes: hehehe... still, looks great! But something to keep in mind, precision is key :)balloon6

Attached Files:

6. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

found some

Found a few, I think there are more showing the progression of adding things... Yes, took artistic license again :) Although, honestly, when I roamed the net, there are so many versions I thought it OK to add my own touch :)

Attached Files:

7. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

some finals

I'm still missing a couple of the front end and putting more confusing additions in the back, but... these are some of the final pictures :) Enjoy!!! I did!!! :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

8. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

two more

So, thoughts? Improvements? Other than a better back drop... What is cool is I did The Time Machine too and I'll post those next, and, I have them sitting next to each other on the display shelf :) Yeah!

Attached Files:

9. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I think the only thing left is to jump in and drive it into time!! :) :thumb: :goldcup:
  10. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

jawdrop ABSOLUTLY STUNNING!!!!!!!!

I recently built a P****c model of a 1/48 scale Phantom FJ-4.

I spent more time on detailing the cockpit than any other part of the model; adding wires, consoles, instruments, boxes and bits............

LOVE IT!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  11. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

thank you for all the great comments :) really makes my day to get great input from the community :) :) Fokawe, do you have pics of that work somewhere? I would love to see them!
  12. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

I think I still have them on disc somewhere... Will have to dig them out....
  13. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is absolutely STUNNING!!!
    The amount of detail that you poured into this model is mind blowing. I am GREATLY impressed with your work
    You did a FANTASTIC job on it.
    KUDOS to you on a job WELL DONE!!!
    Have you thought about building a diorama around it?
  14. Tintellaar

Tintellaar Member

Thank You :) None would be possible without the designers of which I am not. So again, my deepest thanks to all those who take the time to make these wonderful models!!!

Diorama? Sure! Um, any ideas? I guess I could roam the net for buildings and such, then again, a parking lot would work huh! :)
  15. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

"time circuits on... flux capacitor... fluxing... engine running... ALRIGHT!"

Truly masterful build! Congrats! Your attention to detail is amazing!
    Love to see what you do with the Doc Brown's Time Train! sign1
  16. scifimodelfan

scifimodelfan Member

Very nicely done beautiful build
  17. Wad_Cutter

Wad_Cutter Member

Somewhere between a OMG and WOW!!, not sure just where. You took this wonderful model to a whole new level. It's great to see a true modeler at his work doing what he enjoys the most. Very, very great build Tintellaar. I really mean that. This get a 1st place prize at the County Fair. Thank you for the outstanding photos. wc