My dad passed away last night.

Pooh Bah
Russ: Our deepest sympathy for you.
It sounds as if everything possible was done for him. I hope he was at least comfortable at the end.

Taipan

I am sorry for your loss. I know you are having a tough time right now and my heart goes out to you. There are many times in life that I wish God would give us the ability to physically take some of the pain or hardship others are having, and bear it for them, but of course He does not. Rather He tells us ". . . but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint." I will continue to pray. For your strength, your patience, your endurance, your wisdom.

I'm sorry for your loss Russ. I lost my dad ten years ago and although time heals, sometimes it still seems like yesterday. You're in our prayers.
Doc

Russ Bellinis

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. When my mom passed away at the end of last December, we moved my dad from their house in the desert to an assisted living apartment about 2 1/2 miles from our house. It was the first time since I was married 32 years ago that he has lived closer than 50 miles from us. For the past four months We took him out to dinner with us regularly. I would stop by after work and watch baseball with him. We went on outings to various places together, so we had some good times together that I will always cherish. I just wish we had had more time together, but God saw otherwise.

Russ...

Your father had a full life and he's at Peace now. Remember the good times and what he taught you. I lost my dad when I was 14 and I'll always remember those times that we spent together, no matter how long ago they were. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Russ

Our condolences to you and your family, I know what you are going through as I have lost both of my parents.. Our prayers are with you..Ron & family

rcline

Russ, I know what you are going through right now. My father passed on only a few months ago. He was almost 81 years of age.
Our prayers are going out to you and your family.
Randy Cline

S 3/6

I know I'm late to this thread... but having lost my dad too (10 years ago now at age 81) I know what you're going thru.

His generation was the last great generation. I'm sure he'll be missed by many!

God bless and he'll be in my prayers.

Sam

belg

Rus, my sincerest condolences, I hope you and your father had some quality time together before his passing and you got to say goodbye. Long may he live in your memory. Pat

Russ Bellinis

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. I didn't get to say good by because he went into surgery expecting to come out of it, but he never regained consciousness. The last four months that he has been living about 2.5 miles from us, I went over to his apartment or picked him up to come to the house to watch baseball games together, went out to dinner, and spent as much time as possible together.