My dad passed away last night.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
He was 85. He went into the hospital last Tuesday with severe abdominal pain. The doctors found no blood circulation to the intestines, and tried to open up the artery with a angioplasty. When they couldn't get the catheter through, they went to surgery and found quite a bit of dead bowel. They cut out the dead bowel and sewed the rest back up including some bowel that looked to be dying. They had to open him up again on Friday to inspect the bowel, and found about 6 more inches that had died which they cut out and sectioned the bowel back together. He was looking good on Saturday and Sunday except he wasn't waking up like he should. On Monday his heart rate went to 180 and his blood pressure fell. They tried various medications to control the heart rate and raise the blood pressure, but nothing worked and at 9:eek:o p.m. Pacific daylight time he passed away.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Russ, my sympathies are with you. I know that it is hard to lose father or mother, but I believe that he is better off now. I wish you all the needed strength to carry the weight of the following bleak days.

Ron

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
My condolances Russ, while its hard to lose a parent, knowing he was blessed with a long and fruitful life and surrounded by a loving family i am sure comforted him as he passed through the door to his next great adventure.The flesh is only the vessel which carries the spirit and while it may wither, the spirit endures forever!!
As we wave goodbye on this shore,others greet him with joy on the far side of the eternal ocean.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
You are in our thoughts Russ, and our condolences to you and your family.
The irish have a saying; may you be in heaven for an entire hour, before the devil knows your gone...steve