My C&O U30C almost done!

eagleknight

Jan 29, 2004
Columbus, OH
Visit site
After many hours of labor my U30C is almost done. My first loco where I modified the shell. It is an Athearn came undec and I took off the 2 extra battery boxes on the right side to make it prototypical. Also filled and sanded the lower headlight. Painted it with my new airbrush, I got for Christmas. First time using that also(I practiced a little with it first). Added sunshades and footboards. Only thing left is to add the MU hoses I bought for it. Good learning experience for my first custom painted loco.

Attachments

• u30c.jpg
    u30c.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 96
F

Fred_M

Good job. What kind of airbrush you got? And where did you get that poster and do they have more? FRED

eagleknight

Jan 29, 2004
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I have a Paasche VL airbrush. I picked up on using it fairly quick. Not too hard and I am glad I got double action. Only problem I had was I first mixed the paint in the small jar and tried using the screw on siphon cap, but it wouldn't siphon it for some reason. I just resorted to the color cup instead of trying to figure out why. As with the picture. It is a metal sign. My dad makes them and can take any picture anyone has and put it on aluminum piece. Looks really good. He had his printer he uses at work upgraded to a 40inch and now he can print that big. The ink is expensive. I was going to try to sell some for $30 for a picture like 24" x 17"