My Birthday

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I know we don't usually post threads about our own birthdays here - usually we wait, modestly, for someone else to start the thread, and then we graciously reply with our thanks.

Unfortunately I won't be around on my birthday to respond to what i hope will be numerous birthday wishes, so..... I'll thank you all now in advance!!!

Thanks my friends for another great year of model railroading and online companionship and support!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!!!

Val
(somewhere in the woods of north Ontario)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I don't know how it is up in Canada, but down these parts, womenfolk tend to be a might touchy about birthdaze, the hardest 10 years of their life being the 10 years between 29 and 30 ;)

Happy birthday, Val. :thumb: :wave:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

to a grand lady, modeler, and friend.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ..have a wonderful time camping, and have a realy great birthday.... OH, did someone let the cat out of the bag :eek: and say you`re 30 for the 5th time.:D :D :D ..LOL... have a good one val..steve:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I'm just back from the holidays - away from the internet. When I browsed through older threads on the Gauge I found this one. So, of course it's a bit late for the good wishes for your birthDAY, because it's already a week since this day. :(
But just the same - in this case...

My best wishes for lots of health, happyness, contentedness and just plain modeling fun for the coming year! And thank you for your great contributions, my friend!

Ron :wave:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thank you all for your birthday wishes. On the actual day I was out in the northern landscape, just south of Sudbury Ont. which is real "Group of Seven" country - they are a group of famous Canadian landscape painters from the 1920s - 40s.

Here's a shot of the typical terrain - granite bedrock with windswept pines clinging on for dear life. The second photo is the lake with a nice sunset from our last night there. It was a fantastic trip.

Val

Attachments

• landscape.jpg
    landscape.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 12
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11