My Birthday

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by spitfire, Aug 10, 2005.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

I know we don't usually post threads about our own birthdays here - usually we wait, modestly, for someone else to start the thread, and then we graciously reply with our thanks.

Unfortunately I won't be around on my birthday to respond to what i hope will be numerous birthday wishes, so..... I'll thank you all now in advance!!!

Thanks my friends for another great year of model railroading and online companionship and support!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!!!

(somewhere in the woods of north Ontario)
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I don't know how it is up in Canada, but down these parts, womenfolk tend to be a might touchy about birthdaze, the hardest 10 years of their life being the 10 years between 29 and 30 ;)

Happy birthday, Val. :thumb: :wave:
  3. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Have a happy birthday Val.
  4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Happy Birthday Val. :thumb: Finally made it to 30 eh, congratulations. :D

That is 30 metric years... :wave:
  5. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Happy birthday Val!
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Happy B-day Val & Many More!!! :D :D :D
  7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Happy birthday! Happy camping!

8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Have a great birthday Val, and have a lot of fun camping...
  9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Happy Birthday Val. How far north are you going? My favourite is Lake Superior North Shore.
  10. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Happy Birthday Val. Have A GREAT DAY.
  11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Val,First I thought folks our age stop counting birtdays?? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:
    Well,any way Happy Birthday my friend. :thumb: :D :D
  12. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!! :D :D :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave:
  13. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Happy Birthday Val, I hope you are having a good trip................Northern Ontario isnt that far from me if your on the western end ;)
  14. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Another anniversary of your 21st, eh?
    Northern Ontario -- I always felt it was anywhere north of Hwy 7.
  15. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

David, it is north to Val, but where she is, it is south from my point of view.
  16. rksstl

rksstl Member

Happy Birthday Val :wave:
  17. ausien

ausien Active Member

to a grand lady, modeler, and friend.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ..have a wonderful time camping, and have a realy great birthday.... OH, did someone let the cat out of the bag :eek: and say you`re 30 for the 5th time.:D :D :D ..LOL... have a good one val..steve:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  18. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Happy birthday Val. I don't know how young you are, but I am at the stage that I am 72 1/2 and say I am 73.
  19. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I'm just back from the holidays - away from the internet. When I browsed through older threads on the Gauge I found this one. So, of course it's a bit late for the good wishes for your birthDAY, because it's already a week since this day. :(
    But just the same - in this case...

My best wishes for lots of health, happyness, contentedness and just plain modeling fun for the coming year! And thank you for your great contributions, my friend!

Ron :wave:
  20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. On the actual day I was out in the northern landscape, just south of Sudbury Ont. which is real "Group of Seven" country - they are a group of famous Canadian landscape painters from the 1920s - 40s.

Here's a shot of the typical terrain - granite bedrock with windswept pines clinging on for dear life. The second photo is the lake with a nice sunset from our last night there. It was a fantastic trip.

Attached Files: