My big announcement!

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by nx13688, May 9, 2005.

1. nx13688

nx13688 Member

How's that for putting card modeling in front of the general public? A quarter-million people in attendance, a good chunk of which are going to buy programs. And I mentioned pretty prominently in the instructions.
    Now I just have to bug them to send me a copy.
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Awesome job man,

I wonder how many converts you will have because of this.

Great job

(EDIT: I just ordered two copies of the program, one to keep, one to mutilate...emmm build.)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy NX,

Congratulations on getting in the program and great job of advertising, not only for your site and products, but for here too.
    Who knows, maybe this can become something you can do each year at indy.

Have a nice day aND CONGRATS AGAIN

greg aka GW
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Ahhh..... Indianapolis 500? ? ? What's that?

Seriously...really fine work and really cool plug for the greatest paper model site on the net.

Rick...Ron...think you got enough membership forms?

Congrats again. Well done.
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Just got confirmation that the programs are on their way.

might have it by weeks end

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

even better, i should have them tomorrow(wednesday)

7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

i recieved my two programs, what a horse of a book

224 pages, and two of those are the most excellent model, designed by Ryan Bollig.

Ryan, great job, and hopefully next year we can get a new car for this coming 500 race.

8. nx13688

nx13688 Member

Yeah, they make sure you get your ten buck's worth, don't they?
    Creative Services at IMS is sending me my copies in the next couple of days. Dawn, my contact there, said the model has gone over really well so I'd say it looks like a good possibility in the future as well. I already started dabbling on a couple designs with that in mind: a 1920's Miller, and a 1950's Kurtis roadster.
  9. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Got mine personally!

Wow what a cool surprise! :eek: I went to Pole Day Qualifications(delayed to
    Sunday) at IMS, and found the model nestled within my trusty Indy 500
    program! (I should have bought two) :wink:
    Congrats to nx13688! A fine addition to a fine publication.

10. arosteguy

arosteguy New Member

Yes, you can start design Tony Kanaan's car right now :)

Congratulations! You must be proud. It's fantastic for all of us modelers!
  11. nx13688

nx13688 Member

My wife just loves TK, so I've been instructed that I need to do his car anyway. :lol:
  12. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

How about a Danika Patrick car? Can't say she doesn't deserve one. If Sarah Fisher was still open wheel, I'd throw her name on the list also. 8v)
  13. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

What a fantastic way of promoting the hobby! Us Brits don't have a clue what Indy 500 is, but the cars look fantastic. I wonder if we can get Bernie Eccleston to put something like that in F1 programs? Hmm, on second thoughts, it would probably cost us an arm and a leg......

How do I buy one of these programs? I'd love to get hold of a copy.

Tim P
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

go to
    and click on the store button, and then collectables

i bought two copies

best $20 i have spent in a long time, and at least in the US, it took them 2 days to ship it to me

15. arosteguy

arosteguy New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    You're right!! And then he would say that "paper model" is a brand of him. So every modeler's site would have to be closed!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  16. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Yes, it would be Si*orsky Heli*opters all over again!! Forget I ever said it....

Rick, thanks for the pointer. Im going there right now!

Tim P
  17. nx13688

nx13688 Member

I got my copies yesterday, which was the first time I'd seen the finished product. For the benefit of those who don't have theirs yet (you're ALL getting them, right? :p), here's how it looks:
    Page 2, with mentioned near the bottom:
    Also shown as one of the featured items on the contents pages:
    Overall, I'm pleased with the result, though they did print it on a lighter stock than I would have used. The model is pretty small, so it should work. They also said it is 1/43 scale - it's actually 1/32, but I doubt anyone will notice (or care).
  18. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Will your fine models be a regular part of the Program in the
    future? (I buy at least one of these every year when I go)
    What kind of feedback have you recieved on this?
    Have you recieved any email from other Hoosier paper
    modelers about the inclusion?
    Ok not 20 questions, but more than enough :wink:
  19. nx13688

nx13688 Member

I haven't heard anything about future programs, but the response has been pretty positive so far. If I do one for next year, it will either be this year's winner, or I might do a "blast from the past." I've been collecting material and doing some prelim drawings for these two cars:
    50 years ago - Pat Flaherty, 1956
    80 years ago - Frank Lockhart, 1926
    The only other Hoosier I've talked to about the model is IMS photographer Shawn Payne, who suggested this idea to both myself and IMS Creative Services. You can see some of his work in the Builder's Gallery at

And oh yes, I'm working on updating the program model into this year's 500 entries of Danica Patrick and Kenny Brack, as well as a detail kit for all of them - a cockpit interior and 3D wheel rims.
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

SWEET, sign me up for the Danica version right away

maybe you need to do something like Masa and his metmania helmets and bodies.