"My Beautiful Luncheonette"

C

Catt

The masking tape both protects the styrene from getting scratched as well as making the cut line highly visable.

I would suggest NOT using cheap tape.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Incredible work Val...! Looks like you could just walk right in and sit down with a cup of coffee...

I am absolutely blown away by the details, including those tiny ketchup bottles!

Andrew

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks a lot everyone! :D :D :D

Gary, I started my layout a year ago (Feb 17). I actually started in the hobby about 9 months before that with a diorama.

The funny thing is, I never intended to do anything more than make a few small building kits. But then I found they needed a setting, so that's how the diorama started. On a trip to the LHS I acquired a (non-working) PCC so I needed track running through the street to display that. Pretty soon I decided it needed RR tracks running behind and of course an engine and a couple of boxcars just to make it look right, heheh.

The next thing you know I was curious to see the engine run, and by then I had a few more engines as well, so I began planning the layout.

Looking back it seems that from a very innocent beginning, I was inevitably sucked in deeper and deeper. Man, this is a very insidious hobby!!!!!

Val

CN1

May 6, 2003
Insiduous? You bet! That's how I got going too.

Same thing with chocolat, y'know once in a while and then suddenly I crave the stuff......hum! Sorry:eek:ops: Wrong forum:D

BTW Val, Great model.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
The Valinator Strikes Again!

You never cease to amaze me!

Best model yet!!!!:thumb: :eek:

I hope you have a prime spot picked out on your layout so it's not lost.

Most Impressed! :cool:

TrainClown :wave:

Attachments

• magic monogram.jpg
    magic monogram.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 154

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
How did I miss this thread?:eek:
That is just a stunning bit of modeling, & super-detailing, Val!
EXCELLENT work!!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thank-you so much my friends! Detailing is one of my favourite parts of the hobby.

Here's a shot for Chris (TC) showing where the building will go on the layout. This is the main corner of the city section.

The shot also shows the unfinished state of this area! Trains will run behind this scene. I am going to replace this section of benchwork with a 2-level open grid so that the tracks are on the lower level and the city on a higher one. Then, since this section is already completely covered with plywood, I will move it further along and it will become the yard. But before I do that I need to also extend the masonite backdrop, and before I do that I need to clean out some more stuff that's in the way. *Sigh*.

Anyway, that's why I've temporarily shifted my focus to detailing!

Val

Attachments

• corner.jpg
    corner.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 146

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Great diner, Val ... and a very promising location. I really like the way you are composing the city scene. I'll stop in with Pete for the liver and onions special.

Lately, I find myself spending a lot of time with the detail parts sections of the Walthers catalog and various manufacturers' web-sites. No kidding--I wrote up an order for B.T.S. today, and it includes a couple packs of their HO frying pans! I keep trying to convince myself that every building does not need a full interior, but I'm having only slight success with that.

Please show us more of the city scene as it takes shape.
--Stu--