"My Beautiful Luncheonette"

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Feb 5, 2004.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Great job Val! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:One of these days I keep telling myself I have to try doing interiors. Seeing your work makes me what to do it more.
  2. Catt

Catt Guest

The masking tape both protects the styrene from getting scratched as well as making the cut line highly visable.

I would suggest NOT using cheap tape.
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great modeling Val. You always seem to get those details just right...:cool:
  4. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Looks fantastic Val. You only started in the hobby a year or so ago?
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Incredible work Val...! Looks like you could just walk right in and sit down with a cup of coffee...

I am absolutely blown away by the details, including those tiny ketchup bottles!

6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks a lot everyone! :D :D :D

Gary, I started my layout a year ago (Feb 17). I actually started in the hobby about 9 months before that with a diorama.

The funny thing is, I never intended to do anything more than make a few small building kits. But then I found they needed a setting, so that's how the diorama started. On a trip to the LHS I acquired a (non-working) PCC so I needed track running through the street to display that. Pretty soon I decided it needed RR tracks running behind and of course an engine and a couple of boxcars just to make it look right, heheh.

The next thing you know I was curious to see the engine run, and by then I had a few more engines as well, so I began planning the layout.

Looking back it seems that from a very innocent beginning, I was inevitably sucked in deeper and deeper. Man, this is a very insidious hobby!!!!!

7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Ain't it though?!
  8. Arlaghan

Arlaghan Member

Sounds like an other falls victim to "The Sickness." :D
  9. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Insiduous? You bet! That's how I got going too.

Same thing with chocolat, y'know once in a while and then suddenly I crave the stuff......hum! Sorry:oops: Wrong forum:D

BTW Val, Great model.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  10. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

:eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek:

Val!!....That is FANTASTIC!!! :thumb: :thumb:
  11. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

How'd I miss this one!?! :eek: Fantastic Val!
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:wave: wow!!!:wave:

I missed this one :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

All I can say is it's ABSOEXCLUSIVELY FANTABULISTICALLY THREEDURFUL!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:thumb: :wave: :cool: :p ;) :D :) :D ;) :p :cool: :wave: :thumb:
  13. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

The Valinator Strikes Again!

You never cease to amaze me!

Best model yet!!!!:thumb: :eek:

I hope you have a prime spot picked out on your layout so it's not lost.

Most Impressed! :cool:

TrainClown :wave:

Attached Files:

14. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

How did I miss this thread?:eek:
    That is just a stunning bit of modeling, & super-detailing, Val!
    EXCELLENT work!!
    :cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
  15. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thank-you so much my friends! Detailing is one of my favourite parts of the hobby.

Here's a shot for Chris (TC) showing where the building will go on the layout. This is the main corner of the city section.

The shot also shows the unfinished state of this area! Trains will run behind this scene. I am going to replace this section of benchwork with a 2-level open grid so that the tracks are on the lower level and the city on a higher one. Then, since this section is already completely covered with plywood, I will move it further along and it will become the yard. But before I do that I need to also extend the masonite backdrop, and before I do that I need to clean out some more stuff that's in the way. *Sigh*.

Anyway, that's why I've temporarily shifted my focus to detailing!

Attached Files:

16. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Excellent job!! One thing.. what about adding a 50s coke machine :D :D
  17. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

try this.

Attached Files:

18. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool Will! Thanks for the artwork. Right now I'm working on a cigarette machine.... those were the days, hmm?

19. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Fantastic and beautiful Val. Wish I had the patience for detail.
  20. grlakeslogger

grlakeslogger Member

Great diner, Val ... and a very promising location. I really like the way you are composing the city scene. I'll stop in with Pete for the liver and onions special.

Lately, I find myself spending a lot of time with the detail parts sections of the Walthers catalog and various manufacturers' web-sites. No kidding--I wrote up an order for B.T.S. today, and it includes a couple packs of their HO frying pans! I keep trying to convince myself that every building does not need a full interior, but I'm having only slight success with that.

Please show us more of the city scene as it takes shape.