My AXM ISS 1:100 is coming together

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
So for my 3rd paper model I decided to tackle the ISS. AXM has an amazing model of this. Every time I put a section together I learn something new. I suspect that by the time I get closer to the end I will be doing things a lot better and more efficient. Having said that I'm not building this completely the way it was put together in space therefore I'll skip a few things that are no longer on the station or at least in it's final position. I'm having so much fun with this. Thanks to Revell-Fan I now have my correct sized shuttle so I have just started on that to hold the lower section while I'm working on the other half. Anyway here's the first part that I've been working on this weekend.

iss1_zps1a55089c.jpg

iss2_zps9568a377.jpg

The docking mech was a huge pain in the butt the first time. The second was a little easier and better so I'm learning lol
iss3_zps482c3ad5.jpg

inky

Jun 24, 2011
Coast of S. Texas
You are doing a great job.

I have built the ISS 4 times, 3 in 1:100 scale and once in 1:144 scale, every time I built it I learned something new.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Very nice and true, straight as an arrow! Great work! :)

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
You are doing a great job.

I have built the ISS 4 times, 3 in 1:100 scale and once in 1:144 scale, every time I built it I learned something new.

And you voluntarily torture yourself? :mrgreen: I'm trying to do a shuttle now and that thing is not fun to say the least. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. But it;s coming along. I'll be posting more pics soon

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Hmmmm ISS as seen in the opening credits of "Enterprise" with a scale SSTO alla Lockheed's "Orient Express"

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Speaking of Enterprise I am currently making the Star Trek USS Enterprise model. My fingers are getting cramped just by scoring all of the paper lol. My wrist is finally doing better and I started PT on my shoulder & neck yesterday so I'm starting to get back into the flow again. I started building a space shuttle as well but man is that thing hard. As with everyone else I have about 3 things going on at once lol.

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Well it's been a while. Between the wrist, shoulder, and getting sick I finally put together another part of the ISS. I just finished the Zarya module. Anyway here are some pics. I'm now starting on the air lock and other parts of the Unity module.

zarya1_zpsf9200bd0.jpg

zarya4_zps6441dd86.jpg

zarya3_zps17320ddf.jpg

Oh yeah I screwed the panels up and will re-make them later

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Coming along quite nicely!! :)

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
OK I some what finished the Discovery shuttle (I need to finish adding some small parts in the bay and do some serious touch-ups). By far this was the hardest model in my very short history of model making that I've done. I'll use it as a base to hold the ISS as I'm working on it. (The Zarya module is off due to re-gluing the solar panels) But I'm having a lot of fun with this model/project. Next part is the Z1 Truss segment. And as a side model I'll be working on my star trek enterprise.

shuttle5_zps70382925.jpg

shuttle1_zpscbfbdafa.jpg

shuttle2_zps5870290c.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hey, that's looking good! :) I'm glad that the shuttle fits now. Do you have an idea how big the completed station will be?

kbkline

May 4, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Hey, that's looking good! :) I'm glad that the shuttle fits now. Do you have an idea how big the completed station will be?

First let me give you a HUGE thanks for re-sizing the shuttle for me. The main body (with the 2 Russian modules) will be a little over 2 feet long. I'm not sure about the width of the solar panels yet. It's not so big that it's going to be impossible to put any where (which is a good thing) so space to put it in shouldn't be a problem. This is 1:100 scale so 1:144 would be smaller but I wanted to torture myself with better detail :)